If you are looking for inspiration to create a weekly meal plan, you are in the right place! Each week I share a meal plan I create that is packed with easy to make recipes, with variety, AND I try to repurpose leftovers from at least one meal each and every week to minimize time spent in the kitchen and maximize time spent enjoying life! A new meal plan comes out each Friday, so stay tuned!
********** Can I ask you a favor? Would you take a second to click here and follow me on Pinterest? It is the easiest way for me to share more delicious recipes like this one with you! It also really helps my blog thrive, which is so so helpful to me and all the work I do bringing these recipes to you. I SO appreciate your help! ~ Kimber *************
Hi Friends! Welcome to our weekly meal plan section of Easy Family Recipes. I love sharing new recipe ideas each week and have a real passion for making cooking simple and enjoyable to do at home when you are a busy family. If you aren’t signed up for my e-mail newsletter, make sure to do that asap so you can get new recipes and the new meal plan updated for each week!
You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Week 15 Meal Plan
- Monday: Honey Balsamic Chicken– You don’t want to miss this recipe! It is packed with flavor and so super easy to make. It will definitely give you a dinner hero status! Serve it with some smashed potatoes and some veggies and you have a perfect meal!
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken– Let the Crock Pot do the work and whip up a batch of this Green Chile Chicken with just a few ingredients. Serve it tonight burrito bowl style on a bed of rice and beans with toppings each can choose (lettuce, corn, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa etc.) Save the leftovers for Thursday!
- Wednesday: Italian Turkey Meatballs– These are SO SO good! I love making a big batch and keeping them on had to eat in so many ways throughout the week. You can serve them tonight with pasta (spaghetti and meatball style) or spaghetti squash or zoodles for a lower carb option.
- Thursday: Green Chile Chicken Tacos– Pop out Tueday’s leftovers and create a new trend with taco Thursday!
- Friday: Meatball subs! Grab those leftover meatballs and load them into sub rolls with some marinara sauce and cover them with mozzarella cheese. Bake them on a cookie sheet at 425˚F for about 5-10 minutes or until they are heated through and the cheese is melty.
- BONUS- The strawberries have been on sale at just about every store around here and we are in heaven! Grab a bunch and make these Strawberry Poppy Seed Muffins. They are some of my favorites AND they also can freeze and be reheated for quick and delicious breakfasts
Enjoy your week! I will be back with more easy recipes next week!
Week 14 Meal Plan
- Monday: Creamy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole– Bacon + Ranch is the magic combo! Enjoy it today and then make over the leftovers and enjoy it in a whole new way later in the week!
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Carne Asada from The Stay at Home Chef- It almost seems wrong to get something so delicious with so little effort! You can eat the meat as is or use it to make tacos or burritos.
- Wednesday: Artichoke Chicken Bake– A little creamy and a little tangy and 100% delicious! This one disguises the artichokes well enough that even the kids will eat them!
- Thursday: Paninis with leftovers from Artichoke Chicken and Bacon Ranch Chicken- Slice up the leftovers and let each person choose their filling. Pack the filling between 2 slices of bread. Heat a well buttered griddle and grill each side of the sandwich to a golden brown.
- Friday:Turkey & Sun dried Tomato Wraps– These are great because you can make them up and take them on the run if you have sports or if the weather is nice pack them up with some fruit and a bag of chips and head out for a family picnic!
- BONUS- We made these Chocolate Chip Cookies this week and I forgot just how much we LOVE them. This is my version of the World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookie! Give ’em a try!
Enjoy the warmer weather and make sure to spend as little time in the kitchen as you can this week!
Week 13 Meal Plan
- Monday: Creamy Greek Chicken– Serve it pita-style with tzatziki and chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and red onion. For #lowcarb use lettuce wraps
- Tuesday:Taco Salads- Make up a big batch of taco meat and put out all the toppings and let everyone make their own salad.
- Wednesday:Hummus Bowls- Spread hummus in the bottom of a bowl. Top with with leftover Greek Chicken from Monday, feta, grape tomatoes, olives, and greek yogurt, or your choice of toppings.
- Thursday:Ranch Chicken Bites– These are like healthy chicken nuggets and they are TO DIE FOR!
- Friday: Use the leftover taco meat from Tuesday to make Pepper Nachos! Cut bell peppers in quarters and deseed. Lay the peppers on a cookie sheet and pile with taco meat, cheese, black beans, corn, and all of your favorite nacho toppings. Bake at 400˚F for 14-18 min or until the cheese melts and everything is heated through. Top with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
- BONUS- If you love breakfast you might just go bonkers for this new LOADED Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole recipe! You can also use it for meal prep and put it in the fridge or freezer to have quick and delicious breakfasts all week!
Enjoy the week and enjoy the food! Until next week friends!
Week 12 Meal Plan
- Monday: Creamy Crock Pot BBQ Chicken– Make these as sandwiches and pair it with a side salad and corn on the cob for a super easy and kid friendly classic dinner to kick off the week. You can make it low carb by serving them as lettuce wraps instead.
- Tuesday: Skillet Lasagna from Lil Luna– Just as delicious as lasagna, but so much easier! I can’t wait to make this!
- Wednesday: BBQ Chicken Enchiladas– Pull out those leftovers from Monday because these enchiladas are what dreams are made of! So quick and easy since you use leftovers, but totally packed with flavor and you wouldn’t even know this was made from leftovers!
- Thursday: Tomato Basil Soup– This is one of my favorites and since I made it on a whim last week, I knew I needed to add it to the meal plan. It is the perfect light spring dinner! You can also get a crock pot Tomato Basil Soup here and an Instant Pot Tomato Basil soup here.
- Friday: Shredded Chicken Sliders– I love this recipe because 1. It’s delicious, and 2. You can use up any leftover chicken you have in your fridge before the weekend, or if you don’t have any you just grab a rotisserie chicken to make this dinner in minutes!
- BONUS- Throw these apple muffins on the menu for breakfast this week. They get RAVE reviews from everyone who tries them!
Happy Cooking (and more importantly, Happy Eating!)
Week 11 Meal Plan
- Monday: Chicken Picatta Casserole– Alllll the delicious flavors of the restaurant but 1000x easier to make! I have already had many readers message me that they made and LOVED this recipe, hopefully your family will too!
- Tuesday: Ground Turkey Tacos– Use my favorite quick and easy homemade taco meat for Taco tuesday and then we will eat up the leftovers in another fun way later in the week!
- Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner! This is my go to pancake recipe. They are thick, tender, fluffy and breakfast perfection! We like to serve it with eggs and fruit for my kids favorite dinner of the week!
- Thursday: Chicken Zucchini Casserole– This recipe has been super popular on the blog lately with the winter weather lifting I think we are all craving the fresh veggies this is packed with! The perfect all in one dish meal! Serve it with Ranch smashed potatoes for a clean your plate worthy meal!
- Friday:Taco pizza! This is a fun dinner that will surprise the family with a departure from the same ol’ pizza night! Grab a pizza crust and spread a thin layer of salsa on it. Cover with cheddar cheese, then sprinkle the remaining taco meat over the top. Bake it at 425˚F for 10-14 minutes or until the crust is cooked through then take it out and top it with chopped lettuce, tomatoes and a drizzle of sour cream.
- BONUS- If there was ever a time to make cookies, it is NOW. The reason? Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles. Pretty much the stuff dreams are made of!
Happy Cooking (and more importantly, Happy Eating!)
Week 10 Meal Plan
- Monday: Chicken + Chorizo Sheet Pan Dinner– This is the NEWEST recipe on my site and my BFF Dawn’s go to easy meal. It doesn’t disappoint! —> 📌
- Tuesday: Chicken Fajita Bake– Serve it up this night as fajitas with all your favorite toppings and save the leftovers for later in the week! Serve this with the Mexican Street Corn casserole for a real treat!
- Wednesday: Instant Pot Sloppy Joes from @ezpzmealz– This isn’t your cafeteria lady’s sloppy joe!! Serve it with veggies and ranch and my MOST FAVORITE smashed potatoes!
- Thursday: Chicken Fajita Quesadillas– Chop the leftovers from Tuesday and layer it between tortillas with a little cheddar cheese (you can throw in some extra veggies if you want too!) then heat a pan over medium until hot, then grill each side with butter until golden. If you don’t have leftovers you can always grab a rotisserie chicken at the store or whip up some shredded chicken.
- Friday: Loaded Baked Potato Bar– One of my favorites for clearing out the fridge. Bake up some potatoes, then chop of leftover veggies and meats from earlier in the week, and let every one top their own however they like! Add cheese and sour cream for a delicious dinner.
- BONUS– Try these super easy scones for breakfast this weekend. Every time I make them I think they are better than I even remember! These are chocolate chip, but you can use fruit, nuts, or any toppings you may like in them instead.
Happy Cooking (and more importantly, Happy Eating!)
Week 9 Meal Plan
- Monday: Pesto Chicken Casserole– This is my newest recipe and a CRAZY delicious one dish meal! —> 📌Pin it here
- Tuesday: Crock pot Caesar Chicken– I love how easy this is both to whip together and to make into several other dinners. You can make it day of or prep and freeze to throw in the crock pot when you are ready. For tonight, make this as wraps in tortillas or as lettuce wraps. Use the shredded chicken and top with your choice of diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and a drizzle of creamy caesar dressing.
- Wednesday: Egg Salad– This is a SUPER old recipe on my site (read very bad pics) but still every bit as delicious and the perfect way to use up leftover easter eggs! Serve as on toasted bread as sandwiches with chips or smashed potatoes, and veggies with ranch dip. You can add lettuce, tomato and bacon to the sandwiches as desired.
- Thursday: Smokey Bacon Chili from Two Peas and Their Pod– Easy for dinner and perfect for reheating for lunches throughout the week!
- Friday: Loaded Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad- So good, even kids will eat it! Use leftovers from Tuesday’s #slowcooker caesar chicken and pile it in a large bowl with chopped romaine, tomatoes, cooked bow tie pasta, parmesan, chopped hard boiled egg (the last of those Easter eggs, hopefully!) and crumbled bacon. Add creamy caesar dressing and toss it all together.
- BONUS– These Peanut Butter Cookies just might change your life. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Week 8 Meal Plan
- Monday: Bruschetta Chicken– This is the perfect quick and easy meal for Monday. It is packed full of wholesome goodness and has tons of flavor with only a few ingredients and one dish. You can serve it with pasta, these garlic mashed potatoes or sautéed green beans. Leftovers will reheat well for lunches throughout the week.
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday! You won’t believe how EASY this homemade taco meat is, and man is it delicious! You can serve the tacos traditionally in a crunchy shell or put it on soft flour or corn tortillas, or set up a taco bar and let everyone choose their own. Save up your meat (or make some extra!) because we are using the leftovers on Thursday!
- Wednesday: You aren’t going to want to miss this Fool proof Beef Tenderloin from Lydi Out Loud. It makes “fancy food” super easy to make! I would serve this with a side salad and some garlic smashed potatoes.
- Thursday: Mexican Stuffed peppers- Take the leftover taco meat and mix it with back beans and corn. Stuff the mixture into bell peppers (cut off the tops and trim out the ribs and seeds) and top with cheese. Arrange the peppers in a casserole dish and pour 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth in the bottom of the dish, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until the peppers are tender and everything is heated through.
- Friday: Loaded Potato Soup– This is an easy crock pot recipe to keep things simple on Friday. You can get fun and make this a really hearty meal by loading up on topping options for everyone to pick from! There are tons of ideas in the post.
- Bonus!!! I am OBSESSED with this layered Greek Dip! It is such a delicious dish to bring to a party or have for munching over the weekend.
Week 7 Meal Plan
- Monday: Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole– Supremely creamy and packed with flavor. This one is a crowd pleaser! You can double it if your family really loves it and keep leftovers on hand for lunches throughout the week. Make sure and serve this with a side of my garlic smashed potatoes. Pin Garlic Smashed Potatoes here.
- Tuesday:Green Enchilada Pork Chili– This is a fun twist on traditional chili from Lil Luna!
- Wednesday:Creamy BBQ Chicken- This is one of my favorite new recipes and I recently had a friend tell me she made it two weeks in a row her boys loved it so much. Serve it as sandwiches with my favorite broccoli slaw for a classic (and totally easy) dinner!
- Thursday: Chili Pie- Whip up a batch of cornbread (I make it in a pie pan,) then once it is done, use a wooden spoon to poke holes in it. Spoon your leftover chili from Tuesday over the top letting it soak into the holes in the cornbread and sit on top of the cornbread. Cover the top with a generous sprinkle of cheese and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until it is all heated through and the cheese is melted. Take it out and slice it up. Garnish each slice with a dollop of sour cream, a spoonful of pico de gallo and some fresh cilantro.
- Friday: BBQ Chicken Salad- Load up a bed of mixed greens with a heap of this creamy BBQ chicken and then top with your choice of veggies: chopped tomatoes, celery, corn, black beans, bell pepper, diced egg, and any other veggies or toppings you love! Drizzle with ranch dressing and a little extra BBQ sauce and add some corn chips for a little crunch if you want.
- Bonus!!! If you have never tried them, give these cornflake cookies a go! They have such amazing flavor and texture they are a fast favorite around here!
Week 6 Meal Plan
- Monday: Creamy Garlic Chicken– Not only did my son ask for 3 servings of this, but I hid the leftovers so I would be the one to get to eat them! Make sure not to eat those leftovers too soon because we will use them later in the week. Bonus- This is a super low carb recipe. Serve this with a side salad or roasted asparagus.☛☛☛Pin Creamy Garlic Chicken recipe here!
- Tuesday: Chicken Noodle Soup– This version makes it easy by using rotisserie chicken and might be the best you have ever had! Feeds a crowd, or gives you enough leftovers to pack for yummy lunches this week. Use a thermos to pack it in the morning and keep it warm until lunch for you or the kids.☛☛☛Pin Chicken Noodle Soup recipe for later here!
- Wednesday: Garlic Chicken Shells- Use the leftovers from Monday! Chop up the chicken then mix, then steam some broccoli and chop it up too. Mix the garlic chicken with the broccoli and stuff it inside larger pasta shells. Top with red or white pasta sauce, a handful of extra mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until everything is heated through and the edges are bubbly.
- Thursday: Honey Herb Pork Tenderloin from @thecookierookie- She says this is a restaurant quality meal you won’t believe you made at home because it is so easy! You can serve this with mashed potatoes and easy garlic green beans.☛☛☛Pin Honey Herb Pork Tenderloin Here. Pin Creamy Mashed Potatoes here. Pin Garlic Green Beans here.
- Friday: Burgers! I like to keep them in the freezer for busy nights. If it is nice outside you can throw them on the grill, and if not, just cook them up on the skillet. For a real treat, top them with my to-die-for Pimento cheese! Serve them on buns, or break up the patty and serve it as a salad or lettuce wrap for a low carb option. Serve them with my garlic smashed potatoes or ranch smashed potatoes for the best dinner!☛☛☛Pin Pimento Cheese here. Pin Ranch Smashed Potatoes here. Pin Garlic Smashed Potatoes here.
- Bonus!!! Sun Dried Tomato Wraps If you need a super lunch idea or a really awesome looking appetizer that took you almost no time, these Sun Dried Tomato Wraps are killer! They look so fancy and taste so good, but are so easy to make!☛☛☛Pin Sun Dried Tomato Wraps here.
I added options for pins this week as something new. Does that help you? Do you use Pinterest to organize your recipes? Let me know what you think of this week’s meal plan and what you would love to see in upcoming weeks.
Week 5 Meal Plan
- Monday: Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup– Serve with tons of topping options for a fun family night! I like to add some veggie and meat topping options like chopped broccoli, bacon, ham, cauliflower, etc. to make this a very hearty meal that doesn’t need additional side. If you keep the soup in the crock pot and put lots of topping options out it can make a really fun family night! If you are low carb, you can make this Crock Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup instead!
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Taco Chicken– Serve as burrito bowls and save the leftovers for Friday’s meal. Topping options include: rice, lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and whatever else you can dream up!
- Wednesday: Italian Meatball Sliders from Domestic Superhero – Serve with a side salad or veggies and ranch dip (my kids prefer that over salad.)
- Thursday: Creamy Artichoke Chicken– I love to serve this with mashed potatoes and easy garlic green beans.
- Friday: Loaded Chicken Nachos (with leftovers from Tuesday!)- For a healthier options use bell pepper as “chips”
- Bonus!!! Find some time to make these super easy peanut butter swirl bars one day this week. They are super quick to make and a huge hit at our house.
Enjoy the meals this week. Please let me know if you have other requests for dishes you would like to see included on the meal plan in the coming weeks!
Week 4 Meal Plan
MEAL PLAN! I am really excited for this week’s meal plan. Mostly because it includes Pizza as a reward for making it to Friday! 🤣 This week is loaded with some super easy meals that don’t sacrifice on flavor, plus there is a make ahead meal you can stick on your busiest night and a meal to use up some leftovers. That is what I calling winning people! Tell me what’s on your meal plan this week!?
- Monday: Italian Chicken Bake– This recipe has been pinned over a million times! It is tried, true, super simple and absolutely delicious!
- Tuesday: Easy Taco Soup from Eazy Peazy Meals– Let’s celebrate Taco Tuesday with this soup! Serve with cheese quesadillas to make this meal even heartier.
- Wednesday: Lemon & Asparagus pasta from @lilluna – Serve with garlic bread and a side salad
- Thursday: Loaded Chicken Salad (make ahead meal. Use this meal on your busiest day)
- Friday: Pesto Chicken Pizza (with leftovers from Tuesday!) – Grab a pizza crust and spread pesto thinly over it. Chop up the leftover chicken and sprinkle it on top. Add any extra meats or veggies you want, and top with mozzarella or Italian cheese blend. Bake per crust package instructions or at 425 for 12-16 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this weeks dinner options! If you have requests for next week’s meal plan, please leave them in the comments for me!