I really love energy balls, and especially ones that have peanut butter in them. Peanut Butter Energy Balls are a perfect snack packed with protein and energy. They are the PERFECT mixture of nutty and sweet all packed in a little snack. I love having these on hand as a healthy snack for my kids.
Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Bites
If you are looking for a good alternative to processed granola bars or protein bars these are a perfect substitute. I’m always on the hunt for a good snack that is not packed with calories and fat. I love snacking and these are definitely a “guilt” free choice. I love putting these in my kids lunches or snack bags for school.
Most of you already have these ingredients on hand so making these energy balls is going to be quick and easy. Every time I make these they don’t last long, because my kids gobble them right up. My husband is a little skeptical of “healthy” food but once he tried these he was hooked.
I love to have these handy to throw in my purse or the kids lunches as a snack. These are great when you are meal prepping. Whenever I feel like I need something sweet peanut butter energy bites is the answer. They are sweet enough to satisfy the craving.
One of the great things about these bites is that you can mix them up by adding or subtracting ingredients. If I need more protein, I add a scoop of my favorite protein powder (mine is chocolate). I also like to switch it up and use almond butter in place of the peanut butter. You can make change these bites up any way you would like.
Tips and Tricks for Making Peanut Butter Energy Balls
These come together really quickly and are great to have on hand. I am going to run through an overview here and add some notes that might be helpful for you while making the dish. Make sure to get the FULL recipe at the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- You can use crunchy or creamy peanut butter depending on the texture you prefer. My kids like crunchy because they can taste the peanuts better.
- If you are using natural peanut butter the texture will be a little bit dryer. Natural peanut butter tends to be slightly thicker.
- Using cooking oats makes these bites a little easier to chew for kids.
- If you would like to add extra fiber, add flax or chia seeds. This gives your bites a little added fiber and nutrition without them even knowing.
- Form into balls, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- I like to take these out when I am making my kids lunches and add one to their lunch each day. This gives them a sweet bite without all the sugar.
How do you store Peanut Butter Energy Balls
The best way to store these bites are in the refrigerator. This helps them stay fresh for up to 5-7 days. You can take these bites out of the fridge and keep them in your purse or backpack for the day.
Are these bites gluten free?
These bites can be gluten free as long as you use gluten free oats. Not all oats are gluten free, so if this is concern, check your labels.
What is a great alternative if I have a peanut allergy?
One of my favorite substitutes for peanut butter is almond butter. The texture of the bites will be slightly different but still delicious. You could also use cashew butter as well.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- 1 3/4 cup cooking oats
- 3/4 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk, or dark
- In a mixing bowl, add of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Form into balls, and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment