Hawaiian Steak Marinade is packed with flavor of garlic, pineapple juice and soy sauce. Enjoy your steak that taste just like you are on vacation. This marinade is Quick and EASY to make and is ready for your meat to marinate in no time.
Delicious Hawaiian Steak Marinade
One of our favorite things to make for dinner is anything that we can grill. I love a good steak and especially when it has a hit of the Caribbean with every bite. This delicious marinade helps keep your steak tender while giving it flavor.
This marinade has the word steak in it but can be used for chicken or pork as well. Whatever meat you have available this marinade works for them all.
What to Serve with Hawaiian Steak
Steak is a meal that my kids will always eat. I add a few wholesome sides to balance out our meal. These are a few of our favorite sides:
Low Carb Sides
- Sautéed Green Beans
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Raosted Vegetables
- Side Salad
Tips and Tricks for Making Caribbean Steak Marinade
This marinade is quick and easy to make. I am going to walk you through this recipe and give you a few of the tips I’ve learned and substitutions, and notes that may be helpful. Make sure to scroll to the bottom for a FULL recipe card.
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce and garlic.
- This recipe calls for fresh garlic. You can use pre-minced garlic or garlic powder as well.
- Pierce the steaks with a fork all over and place them in a ziplock bag or airtight container and pour the marinade over top.
- Piercing the steak allows the marinade to get inside.
- Let the steaks marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- The longer the marinade is on the more flavor your meat with have.
- Heat the grill to med-high heat. Once grill is hot, place the meat on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes each side.
- Time will vary depending on the thickness of your steak.
- For best results preheat your grill before placing your steaks on it.
- Remove from grill and let steaks rest 5 minutes before serving.
FAQ’s for Hawaiian Steak Marinade
Can I cook meat in a skillet if I don’t have a grill?
Yes!! You can use whatever method you would like to cook your meat. Just make sure to adjust your cooking times to accommodate the change.
Is this marinade gluten free?
This marinade is gluten free as long as you use gluten free soy sauce. Some soy sauces contains gluten so be sure to check your labels.
Why is my steak dry?
Most often a dry steak is from over cooking your steak. The best method to ensure the correct amount of doneness of your steak is a meat thermometer.
I hope you like this delicious marinade as much as my family does!!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up.
More Easy Marinade Recipes
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Caribbean Steak Marinade
- 2 lbs strip steak
- 6 oz pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Pierce the steaks all over with a fork then place them in a zip top bag, or air tight container and pour the marinade over the steak. Squeeze the air out and seal the bag. Let marinate for 30 minutes, up to overnight. Marinating at least 2 hours will produce the best flavor.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Once hot, place the steaks on the grill and cook 5-7 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)