This Italian Quinoa Salad is a power salad packed with delicious seasonings and tons of wholesome veggies. This is one of my go-to salads when I have a potluck to attend. It is LOADED with flavors and creamy goodness with every bite. This Quinoa Salad gets even better the second day after the flavors have marinated overnight, so it is perfect for lunches and meal prep.
Creamy and Delicious Quinoa Salad
This recipe is simple to assemble and packed with flavor. I love the added protein that quinoa gives to a salad. This salad is perfect to serve on it’s own for a delicious wholesome lighter meal.
The great thing about this salad is you can add or subtract certain ingredients depending on what you have in your refrigerator.
What to Serve with Quinoa Salad
I like to eat this salad on it’s own for lunch or add a few sides for a wholesome dinner for my family. Here are a few of my favorite entrees:
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken Marinade
- Quick Steak Marinade
- Apple Cider Vinegar Marinade
Oven or Skillet Entrees
If you have a favorite dish to serve with Quinoa Salad please comment below, I love to hear from my readers.
Tips for Making Italian Quinoa Salad
I promise this salad is super easy and quick to make. I am going to run through an overview here and add some notes that might be helpful for you while making the dish. Make sure to get the FULL recipe at the bottom.
- Cook the Quinoa per instructions on the container.
- It is always best to rinse the quinoa before cooking it.
- Combine quinoa, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, pepperoni slices, and basil, stir to combine.
- Add Italian dressing over salad and mix thoroughly, chill for at least 30 minutes.
- This salad is really delicious the second day, because the flavors have marinated overnight.
Easy Quinoa Salad- FAQ’s
Can I make Quinoa Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. You can prepare this about 4-6 hours ahead of time and chill in the refrigerator.
How do I store leftovers for Quinoa Salad?
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This salad will not freeze well.
Is this salad gluten free?
Yes, this salad is naturally gluten free. Before you prepare all your ingredients please check all of the labels.
I really hope you enjoy this salad. This is one of my favorite crowd pleasing recipes.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
More Easy Side Dishes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely diced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- Prepare quinoa per package directions.
- Add bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, pepperoni slices, and basil and stir to combine.
- Pour Italian dressing over the quinoa mixture and mix thoroughly. Chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Serve cold. Enjoy!