Million Dollar Dip (aka Neiman Marcus Dip) is an incredibly creamy, flavorful and delicious party dip! It is crazy easy to make and comes together in as little as 5 minutes, with 1 bowl, and NO COOKING! This quick and easy party dip is perfect for everything from a small gathering of friends, to a pot luck or neighborhood BBQ. Serve it up with crackers, chips, or veggies and watch it disappear!
Million Dollar Dip – The EASY Way!
Million Dollar Dip is one of the all time best classic party dip recipes! It only has a few ingredients, it is super simple to make, and the flavor can’t be beat! As a matter of fact, it inspired some of the all time most popular recipes on this website – Million Dollar Chicken, Million Dollar Pork Chops, and Million Dollar Chicken Casserole!
Where did it get its name?
This origin of this rich sounding dip has a few explanations, but the most common is that it originated when it was served as an appetizer in the cafe at Neiman Marcus. Often called Neiman Marcus dip, or Neiman Marcus cheese dip, many chefs have put their spin on the classic dip recipe over the years including everyone from Ree Drummond- The Pioneer Woman, to Chef John. The one thing they all have in common though, is that everyone seems to agree that this recipe tastes like a million bucks!
What I LOVE about this recipe:
- 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip– This dip comes together in just 5 minutes- No kidding!
- Dip with only a few ingredients – Just cream cheese, Mayo, cheddar, bacon, green onions, garlic, and almonds for crunch! Nothing fancy except the taste!
- No cooking! You don’t even need to cook this dip, it really is that simple!
- Many Serving options– You can serve Million Dollar Dip with crackers, chips, veggies, or anything that strikes yoru fancy. It is even great spread on toast or a sandwich!
- Scales for a crowd- Whether you need an appetizer for a few friends, or a party dip for a crowd, you can scale this recipe to feed as many as you need.
What to Serve with Million Dollar Dip
This easy cheesy dip recipe has classic flavors that will go well with many different options for serving. You can do something classic like crackers, or a lighter option to keep it low carb, or add a variety so there is a little something for everyone!
You can serve Million Dollar dip with something simple, or make it part of a board or charcuterie for an extra tasty twist!
Side Dish Ideas
- Crackers– this dip goes great with everything from Ritz crackers, to fancy crackers, to Tricuits. I haven’t met a cracker that 5 Million Dollar Dip didn’t taste great on!
- Chips– Try it with tortilla chips, pita chips, or classic potato chips.
- Veggies– My favorites for pairing with Million Dollar Dip is Cucumbers, carrots, zucchini slices, and celery. I prefer things that can hold the weight of the dip to make an easy dipper! These also make a great low carb/keto option for serving with the dip.
- Extras– Try it spread on toast, a croissant, or take your sandwich to the next level by spreading this dip on it!
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This Million Dollar Dip recipe is as simple as promised! Just a few ingredients and one bowl for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
- Cream cheese-I use classic cream cheese, but you can also use neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese.) Make sure it is softened for the best results!
- Mayonnaise– This helps to carry the flavor through out the dip and makes the dip the perfect dippable consistency. I would not recommend using a mayo substitute like Miracle Whip. If you can’t have mayonnaise, I think the best sub for flavor would probably be sour cream.
- Sharp cheddar cheese– I prefer to use sharp cheddar because you get more flavor with less cheese. You don’t have to overtake the dip with the shredded cheese to really incorporate the flavor.
- Chopped green onions– These fresh onions give a mild onion flavor that brings all of the flavor together. I always like to save some to sprinkle over the top also because it looks really pretty!
- Crispy crumbled bacon– My favorite way to do this to to bake the bacon until crispy, allow it to cool, and then crumble it up and add it to the dish. You can do this up to a week ahead of time and keep it in the fridge, or 6 months ahead of time when kept in the freezer. Reheat before adding to the dip in the microwave, skillet or oven if it needs to crisp up again.
I do personally think that real bacon makes a big impact on the flavor of the dish so I use fresh bacon 99% of the the time. If you are in a time crunch, you can substitute bacon bits for real bacon, but try to use a good quality bacon bit for the best flavor.
- Slivered almonds– These add all the crunch and texture to the dish, They have a fairly mild flavor, but help to make the dip more hearty with a satisfying crunch. If there are concerns with allergies or sensitivities the almonds can be left out of the dip and it will still have great flavor.
- Garlic– One clove of fresh garlic will be plenty to flavor the dip with the delicious garlicky flavor. If you want a more mild garlic flavor, you can use 1/2 tsp garlic powder in place of fresh garlic.
- Use an electric mixer– While this is not mandatory, it makes the dip come together and the flavors combine almost effortlessly! Hand mixing can require a bit more elbow great to get it all combined, but is 100% doable as long as the cream cheese is softened.
- Prep Ahead– This dip can be made up to 24 hours in advance, or up to 3 days in advance if you don’t mix in the almonds. If you need to bring this to a party or pot luck, you can easily make it the night before. I even love it more as the flavors set and combine a little more.
- Chill– While you can serve this right away if you need to, if you have even as little as 30 minutes to let the dip chill in the fridge, the flavors will meld together and make it even more delicious!
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Hot Million Dollar Dip– While this dip is traditionally served chilled, it is also super tasty warm. Just spread it in a baking dish with a sprinkle of cheese on top and bake at 350˚F for 20-30 minutes and serve warm with toasted baguette slices.
- Jalapeno Million Dollar Dip– Make dip as directed adding 1/4 cup fresh diced jalapeno to the mixture. If you want it more mild remove the seeds and stems, or if you love a kick keep some or all of the seeds and stems.
- Million Dollar Dip with Cream Cheese and Sour Cream– To add a little more tang to the dip you can make the Million Dollar Dip as directed, replacing the mayonnaise with sour cream. This gives you an egg free dip that is still low carb, and has a slightly tangier taste.
Million Dollar Dip Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making this 5 minute Million Dollar Dip, then it is your lucky day! They save well, and are fantastic to keep in the fridge for snacking all week.
To save leftovers, place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you enjoyed this Million Dollar Dip recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my Easy Appetizer recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
And check out my other MILLION Dollar recipes:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, (about 4)
- 1/2 cup crispy crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well- I prefer an electric mixer, but hand wixing will work as long as your cream cheese is softened.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Optional: Garnish with additional green onions, and crumbled bacon. Serve with cracker, celery slice, or sliced baguette.