This Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning blend is the PERFECT blend of flavors. With just a few everyday ingredients from your spice cabinet you can have all the flavor of a store bought rotisserie chicken! You can use it to make rotisserie chicken, but it also tastes great on everything from beef, lamb, pork and other meats, to vegetables, potatoes, salad and more!
Homemade seasoning mix are one of my secrets for adding a TON of flavor to food, with just a tiny bit of time and effort.
This Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning blend is a powerhouse of a spice mix and SO EASY to make, it is similar to my Ground Turkey Seasoning, but perfectly balanced to make it taste just like a store-bought rotisserie chicken!
The great thing about homemade seasoning is that it takes about 5-10 minutes to make (depending on how organized your spice cabinet is!) and then you can pop it in an airtight container and it will stay good for UP TO A YEAR!
You can easily make a single batch of homemade rotisserie seasoning, or if you enjoy it as much as me, you can make a double or triple batch in the same amount of time so you can always have it on hand.
How to use Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
The thing that makes homemade rotisserie seasoning so great, is that it can add so much flavor to a recipe with so little effort! If you love getting rotisserie chickens from Sam’s, Costco, or your local grocery store, then this will knock your socks off.
It is crazy how easy it is to put together and the chicken can cook hands off and come out of just as tender, juicy and flavorful as they ones at the stores.
To make a whole rotisserie chicken:
To use this rotisserie chicken seasoning, simply mix the seasoning up and then lightly coat the outside of a whole chicken with oil and rub the rotisserie seasoning all over the outside of the bird.
You can find my full instructions for cooking:
- Rotisserie Chicken in a Slow Cooker
- Rotisserie Chicken in the Oven
Marinate and season meat
This seasoning can also be used for other cuts of meat to give it the flavor of rotisserie chicken.
- Add about 1 tablespoon rotisserie seasoning per pound of meat.
- Combine with olive oil and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to marinate.
You can do this with chicken, pork, lamb or even beef. Grill it, bake it, or cook it up in a skillet.
This Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning blend recipe is as simple as promised! Just mix together some key spices and seasonings and you have the perfect greek flavors.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
All spices and seasonings in this blend are dried. If you only have fresh on hand, I would recommend either drying them to be used in this seasoning blend, or grabbing the dried version the next time you are at the store. Fresh spices do not work here.
- Onion powder
- Dried thyme
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
One of the best parts about this recipe is that these ingredients are all of these are commonly found spices and there shouldn’t be anything you have to hunt down. You may even have every single one already in your spice cabinet!
- Key Ingredients! Each spice is important to give the rotisserie chicken its signature flavor, but the paprika is extra important because the paprika is what gives the chicken its signature redish color and helps it brown to perfection.
- Mix to combine– There is no special magic here. To make this, you just dump it all together and mix it up. To make it even easier, you can use a mason jar or other container and dump, then shake. Then all you get messy is a couple of measuring spoons!
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. When stored like this the Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning should stay fresh for up to a year. Some also recommend putting it in the freezer to further extend the life but I have never found that necessary. I run out long before it would ever go bad.
- Double, triple, or more! This recipe can easily be scaled up to make a big batch of Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning. This will allow you to keep it on hand for longer periods of time, especially when you start throwing it in everything as your “secret ingredient” like I do!
One of the best parts about this recipe is that not only is is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS, but it is also very healthy! It naturally meets many dietary needs.
As always, check all store bought ingredients for compliance on specific dietary needs. The notes below are a general guide.
- Gluten free: This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- Dairy free: Greek Seasoning Blend is naturally dairy free
- Nut free: This recipe is naturally nut free
- Egg free: This Greek Seasoning recipe is naturally egg free
- Low carb/Keto: This recipe is low carb at 0g net carbs per serving.
More Seasoning Mix Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my Easy recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite seasoning mixes recipes below.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Italian Dressing Mix
- Best EVER Taco Seasoning
- Tex-Mex Fajita Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning blend
- Carnitas Seasoning
- Pot Roast Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.