This EASY Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe is the perfect weeknight meal. This recipe is fool proof for even the most inexperienced cooks. This chicken is tender with a crispy coating on the outside, giving you a crunch with every bite. This dish can be ready and on your table in 30 minutes. Your kids will be asking for this meal every week.
Delicious Baked Chicken Parmesan
I do quite a lot of baked chicken around here! But this Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe is one that I might have been making longer than almost any of them! (You can see many more easy baked chicken recipeshere!)
My kids ask for baked chicken parmesan on a regular basis. This recipe is so easy and quick that it is perfect for those busy weeknights when you have a million activities to get to.
What to serve with Baked Chicken Parmesan
There are so many great serving options for this dish! You can go classic, or mix it up a little, but either way, I hope that your family will love it as much as mine. Here are some of our favorite ways to serve Baked Chicken Parmesan.
- Pasta and Marinara Sauce- This is our favorite way to serve this dish. Some of our favorite pastas to use are bowtie, ziti, and angel hair.
- Salad- I love to serve this dish with a large side salad. My favorite salad is a Caesar salad. I would also recommend ranch or creamy Italian.
- Garlic Bread– This bread is crazy delicious and bursting with flavor.
- Mashed Potatoes- This may not be your traditional side dish but it goes really well with mashed potatoes. These garlic mashed potatoesare a perfect match for Baked Chicken Parmesan.
- Roasted Vegetables- This is one of my favorite ways to eat vegetables. Some great choices for this recipe would be asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Sauteed Green Beans – These green beans are our favorite side dish and the kids eat every last bit in the pan.
If you have a great serving idea that I missed, please let me know in the comments. I would love to try it out next time I make this dish!
Tips and Tricks for making Chicken Parmesan
This recipe is truly super simple. I am going to walk through it with you here step by step to give you all of my tips for getting perfect Chicken Parm every time. You can find the full printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings.
- In a separate bowl add the flour
- In another seperate bowl add eggs and whisk together
- You will have 3 bowls total for the prep
- Roll the chicken breast in the flour and shake off all the excess. Then dip the chicken in the egg and lastly the bread mixture.
- Place each chicken breast on a greased cookie sheet making sure they don’t touch each other.
- You will need two cookie sheets for this recipe.
- Bake on the lower rack for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon 1-2 TBL of marinara over the chicken and top with mozzarella.
- Return to the oven and place on broil for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts to turn brown. Enjoy!
I hope these tips help you make perfect chicken parmesan for your family! We have been enjoying this recipe for many years and I hope your family can enjoy it even longer.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up!
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 6-8 thin pieces (about 1/2")
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until combined.
- Roll the chicken breast in the flour so all sides are coated and shake any excess off. Then dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then roll the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place each chicken piece on a greased cookie sheet flat and not touching the other other chicken breast. You many need two cookie sheets to spread them out without touching.
- Bake on the lower oven rack for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165˚F) . Remove from the oven, spoon 1-2 tbsp marinara sauce over each chicken breast and top each with the sliced mozzarella. Return to the oven on the top rack and place on broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starts to brown. Serve hot. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment