Wrapping up the weekend and diving into the new week can be a whirlwind, right? That’s why I’ve got your back with some no-nonsense Sunday night dinner ideas. These are quick, tasty, and totally doable recipes that won’t add to the weekday chaos. From healthy bites to time-saving tricks, I’ve rounded up a mix of family-friendly meals to make your Sunday evenings a delicious breeze. Let’s trade the kitchen stress for flavor-packed moments without breaking a sweat!
Whether you call it Sunday Supper or Sunday dinner, you have come to the right place for a roundup of the best Sunday dinner ideas. Sunday is the day when we prepare for the week so that it can go as smoothly as possible. Start it off right with these simple, wholesome, and delicious recipes that are perfect for the best Sunday night dinner ideas!
Quick and Easy Sunday Night Dinner Ideas
These quick and easy dinner ideas are perfect for a stress-free Sunday night meal. Enjoy!
- French Onion Pot Roast
- Crockpot Steak Bites – These are SO popular!
- Italian Sausage Tortellini
- Meatball Pasta Bake
- Fettuccini Alfredo
Kid-Friendly Sunday Night Dinner Ideas
Turn your Sunday evenings into a win-win for busy moms and happy kids with these dinner ideas that even the pickiest eaters will enjoy. From speedy cheesy pasta to taco bowls that double as a fun activity, these recipes are the secret sauce to a stress-free family dinner.
- Baked Mac and Cheese – pair with Brown Butter Broccoli and you’re set!
- Baked Rotisserie Chicken – serve with my glazed carrots to round out your meal
- Million Dollar Chicken Bake
- Carnitas Nachos – Who doesn’t want nachos?!
- BBQ Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Ground Beef Tacos – or make them into bowls!
- Baked Meatballs Parmesan
- Million Dollar Spaghetti – layers of noodles, a hearty ground beef and tomato sauce, and creamy cheese all baked to perfection.
Sheet Pan Sunday Dinner Ideas
Having family over for Sunday night dinner? These recipes require minimal effort in the kitchen, but have maximum flavor at the family table!
- Sheet Pan Meatloaf
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Baked Pineapple Chicken
- Caprese Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies w Cajun Butter Sauce
- Baked Chicken Cutlets with Veggies
One-Pot Sunday Dinner Ideas
One-pot wonders and skillet meals are not only convenient but also deliver rich and satisfying flavors. Add a simple side and you’re done! Enjoy your Sunday night dinner by trying one of these recipes: .
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Brown Butter Spinach and Tortellini
- Chicken Salsa Soup
- Southern Pot Roast
- Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Chicken Fritta with Garlic Cream Sauce
- Garlic Steak Skillet
- Marry Me Chicken and Tortellini
- Crustless Chicken Pot Pie
Comforting Food Ideas for Sunday Night Dinner
These comforting dishes are not just meals; these dishes are all about keeping it real and making family dinners feel like home.
- Dutch Oven Roast Chicken
- Homemade Shake and Bake Chicken
- Tender Sunday Pot Roast
- Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Chicken
- Stuffed Chili Baked Potatoes
- Cheesy Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
Make-Ahead Sunday Night Dinner Ideas
Ease into a stress-free Sunday evening with my make-ahead meal collection – these are a game-changer for busy families when you want a sit down family meal that doesn’t require a lot of time. .
- White Lasagna with Spinach – Great if you have a non-meat eater!
- Turkey Breast
- Meatball Pasta Casserole
- Honey Glazed Ham
- Chicken Taco Casserole
Lazy Crock Pot Sunday Night Dinner Ideas
Get ready for comforting aromas and mouthwatering flavors that effortlessly fill your family table with these crock pot recipes: .
- Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Sirloin Tip Roast
- BBQ Brisket
- Smothered Pork Chops with Mushrooms
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Pot Roast
Salads for Sunday Night Dinner
If you’re looking for a light and satisfying meal, these are some of the best salads that really hit the spot! You can always add a protein in like these juicy chicken bites or seasoned shrimp or salmon to really bulk this up as a main dish. Feel free to customize these salads based on your preferences and add or omit ingredients as needed. Enjoy your Sunday night salads!
- Mixed Berry Salad
- Kale and Apple Salad
- Green Salad – Mixed greens, your favorite toppings, and a dressing like healthy balsamic, red wine vinaigrette, or a tangy lemon vinaigrette would make a great, light side dish.
- Greek Salad – Create a Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese, dressed in a light olive oil vinaigrette.
- Mixed Green Salad – I like mixed greens with a little mozzarella, tomatoes, and this mouthwatering homemade ranch dressing.
- Quick Spinach Salad – Combine spinach, chopped red onions, tomato, cucumber, feta, toasted almonds and this red wine vinaigrette.
- Quinoa Salad with Veggies
- Million Dollar Chicken Salad
Dinner Ideas for Sunday Night Football
Sometimes heartier appetizers and some side dishes are all you need when there is football on. Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Chicken Pot Pie Stuffed Peppers
- Crockpot Honey BBQ Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
This should give you a great start to figure out your next Sunday dinner menu. If you need more ideas, make sure to browse all of my easy dinner ideas here!
If there is a great recipe that I left off the list, make sure and let me know in the comments!
What to have for dinner on a Sunday?
I have rounded up a large list of popular Sunday dinner ideas. Everything from pot roast to lasagna. You will definitely find something in this list!
What is a good lazy dinner?
I’d suggest trying a crock pot meal. They require minimal effort, but are very flavorful.
What is the typical Sunday dinner?
Roasted meats, potatoes and a vegetable are a traditional Sunday meal, but you can make it any day of the week! I have some great recipes you should check out!
For the Pot Roast Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the Pot Roast
- 3 pounds chuck roast
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- Mix all ingredients for the pot roast seasoning together until combined.
- Add the onion, potatoes, and carrots to the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub roast on all sides with seasoning mixture and place the roast on top of the vegetables.Note: no additional liquid needs to be added to the slow cooker. The pot roast and veggies will release liquid as they cook.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender it will be.
- Once done, shred the roast, discarding ing any extra fat as your shred. If your meat doesn't shred easily, you know it needs a little more time in the slow cooker. The meat can be mixed back in with the juices, or served as is with the potatoes, onions and carrots.
- 8 qt Slow Cooker
- Beef Roast – Beef brisket, top round, rump roast, or bottom round cuts can all work.
- Potatoes – Any potato will work as long as they’re cut into uniform, large chunks.
- Carrots – You can also use larger carrots instead of baby carrots. Cut them into large rounds around the same size as your potato chunks, or into strips that are similar to a baby carrot.
- Onions – Any onions will work just as well. White, sweet, or even whole pearl onions would all be tasty too!
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
- Dice the potatoes and onions and place in a large freezer bag or container with the carrots.
- Season the beef chuck roast with the spices and place it in with the veggies.
- Freeze together.
- When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
- Cook as directed.