These Buffalo Chicken Burgers are a weeknight dinner staple. They’re healthy, easy, and absolutely packed with protein and bold flavors—and you only need six ingredients and a few minutes to get them on the table! These are perfect for serving on a bun, a wrap, or in a bowl for however the craving strikes.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers – The EASY Way!
Okay, I might have a little bit of a Buffalo chicken fixation. I’ve already shared Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups, Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets, and Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken, but I just can’t stop coming up with new ideas for this classic flavor combo. These Buffalo Chicken Burgers might be the easiest of them all—you won’t believe how fast they come together!
Unlike saucy Buffalo wings, the flavor in these Buffalo Chicken Burgers is mixed into the patties, which means your chicken burgers are incredibly delicious and never dry. (Win!) Just mix everything together in a big bowl, form your patties, cook them up, and serve them on a bun with your favorite toppings. Ranch, blue cheese crumbles, more Buffalo sauce—they’re all good!
Why I LOVE this recipe!
- Versatile – You don’t even have to serve these Buffalo Chicken Burgers on buns! I love them in salads, wraps, or even just eaten as-is. Make them low-carb by serving them in a lettuce wrap!
- Tasty – These are chicken burgers that won’t disappoint! Moist, perfectly seasoned, spicy—they’ve got everything and then some.
- Healthy – Chicken burgers are packed with protein, lighter than beef burgers, but the big, bold flavors in this recipe won’t make you feel like you’re missing out on anything.
- Fast and easy – Six ingredients, five minutes of prep, and a quick cook in a skillet. The only struggle with this recipe is deciding whether to go with ranch or blue cheese dressing for topping.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Since this dish has the flavors of Buffalo wings, it will pair well with many of your favorite classic American side dishes. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
Side Dish Ideas
- Incredible Baked Potato Wedges – Because you can never go wrong with a burger and fries.
- Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese – You can serve this on the side, or serve your burgers on top of the mac.
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Sautéed Peppers and Onions – Plate your burgers and pile these caramelized peppers and onions over the top.
- Instant Pot Corn-on-the-Cob
- Bacon Ranch Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
Try topping or drizzling your Buffalo Chicken Burgers with one (or more!) of these sauce options!
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Buttermilk Dressing
- Extra Buffalo Sauce
Your Buffalo Chicken Burgers can be great served in a number of ways, these toppings will go well on your burger whether you are loading it up on a bun, serving it on a plate and eating with a fork, or putting it over a salad.
- Blue Cheese
This Buffalo Chicken Burgers recipe is as simple as promised! Just six ingredients and a few minutes of prep for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
Ingredients + Substitutions
- Ground chicken – If you like turkey burgers, you can substitute ground turkey.
- Sweet onion – Mild sweet onions are perfect in this Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe, but thinly sliced green onions will work too.
- Buffalo sauce – Frank’s Red Hot is the classic choice for Buffalo chicken, but you can use any hot sauce you like.
- Ranch seasoning – If you don’t want to make your own, 3 tablespoons is equivalent to one store-bought envelope.
- Olive oil
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients – Sorry if you’re squeamish, but it’s the best way to make sure everything is fully and evenly combined. Really work everything together with your hands without over mixing.
- Make the patties 3/4-inch thick – This thickness allows them to cook quickly and evenly. Keep in mind, too, that they’ll thicken a bit as they cook.
- Keep the patties from falling apart – When forming the burgers, be sure to pack them tightly so they retain their shape during cooking and flipping.
- Place the patties on squares of parchment or wax paper – This is another way to help keep the burgers together. When you’re ready to cook, use the paper to transfer the burgers to the pan and flip them over.
- Cook in batches – You’ll have to cook your Buffalo Chicken Burgers in batches. You’ll get a better sear when you’re not crowding them all into the pan at the same time!
Recipe Short Cuts
If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster!
- Make them in advance – You can mix the ingredients or mix and form the patties up to a day ahead of time. Store them covered in the refrigerator.
- Cook them on a griddle or grill – If you do this, you can cook all of the burgers at the same time, rather than making them in batches.
- Use a mini chopper – The onion should be very finely minced so it blends in with the meat mixture; you don’t want big, noticeable pieces of onion in your burgers! A mini chopper will help you get that fine dice without having to use a knife and cutting board.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Buffalo Chicken Burger Sliders – Make the patties smaller, serve them on Hawaiian dinner rolls, and you’ve got the perfect game day snack.
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – Form the meat mixture into balls and serve them on a hoagie roll with ranch dressing.
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Burgers– Add blue cheese crumbles to the meat mixture, or tuck the blue cheese crumbles into the middle of the burger, a la a Juicy Lucy.
Freezer Meal Instructions
Making this Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe into a freezer meal is simple! Follow the steps below and you can store this recipe in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Transfer the cooked Buffalo Chicken Burger patties to a freezer bag or airtight container, placing parchment paper between layers if you have to stack them. (The soft texture of the raw burgers mean they freeze better after cooking.)
- Let the burgers thaw in the refrigerator, then reheat them in a skillet, in a 350ºF oven, or in the microwave.
Buffalo Chicken Burger Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making Buffalo Chicken Burgers, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
Here are a few ways to repurpose those leftovers and give them a delicious makeover!
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps – Warm up the burgers and wrap them in a tortilla with lettuce, tomato, and blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad – Add the burgers to a salad for a protein-packed lunch. The base from my Blackened Chicken Salad is perfect for this!
- Buffalo Chicken Patty Melts – Okay, you can skip the rye, but you’ll love these Buffalo chicken patties topped with caramelized onions, Swiss or provolone, and griddled between two slices of toasty bread.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my chicken recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- 2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 sweet onion finely diced
- 3 tablespoons buffalo Sauce
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning (1 envelope)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, onion, buffalo sauce, egg, and ranch seasoning. Use your hands if needed to work the mixture until fully and evenly combined.
- Form into 6-8 patties, about 3/4" thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, place the patties in the skillet. Cook 4-6 minutes then flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes or until the chicken burger is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.)Cook burgers in batches until all are done.
- Serve hot on a bun, on top of a salad, in a wrap, or eat with a fork. Optional, drizzle with additional buffalo sauce and ranch and top with green onions.
- Make as directed.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Grill on each side 4-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.)
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment