This Red Wine Vinaigrette is the perfect mixture of sweet and with a little tangy flavor at the end. It is so easy and takes just a few ingredients to make. This dressing goes really well with almost anything salad related. Red Wine Vinaigrette takes healthy salad dressing to a whole new level. This dressing is great to keep in the fridge and use all throughout the week.
Quick, Easy and Delicious Red Wine Vinaigrette
One of my favorite things to do on weekends is go out. I cook all week long so going out is a treat for me at the end of the week. I had a red wine vinaigrette on a few salads the past few weeks and I wanted to recreate one of my own. I don’t like store bought vinaigrettes so I was on a mission to figure it out.
After playing around with spices of all different kinds, I finally figured out exactly what I needed. Once I did, I was in love. My salad was just like the one I had at the restaurant. The best part is this dressing takes less 5 ingredients to make.
How to use Red Wine Vinaigrette
This dressing can be used on a number of different salads and a few other ways.
I will share with you some of my favorite salads:
- Berry Salad- greens, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, toasted almonds, and feta
- Greek Salad- greens, feta, red onion, Kalamata olives, tomatoes
- Chef Salad- greens, turkey, ham, bacon, avocado, green onions, carrots, tomatoes
- Cobb Salad- greens, chicken, ham, bacon, eggs, avocado, green onions, tomatoes, and croutons
- Side Salad- greens, red onion, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumber
- Chopped Salad- greens, cabbage, onions, cucumber, carrots, eggs, turkey, ham, bacon, and sunflower seeds
Here are a few other ways to use Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- As a marinade- Marinade chicken in this dressing for 30 minutes to 2 hours and then grill to perfection.
- Roasting vegetables- Toss vegetables in the Red Wine Vinaigrette, then spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425˚F until they are just tender.
Tips and Tricks to making Red Wine Vinaigrette
I love this recipe because it is super easy to prepare and so flavorful on so many things. I am going to run through an overview here and add some notes that might be helpful for you while making the dish. Make sure to get the FULL recipe at the bottom.
- Combine the oil, water, and vinegar in a container.
- Add the seasoning and whisk until combined.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Shake well before each use.
Tip: I like to use Mason Jars or dressing containers to store my vinaigrette.
FAQ’s for Red Wine Vinaigrette
Do I have to use olive oil to make this dressing? Can I substitute other oils like vegetable oil, canola oil etc?
Yes, I think olive oil is important to the flavor of the dressing so I recommend that is what you use. If you are in a pinch, you could try a different oil and it could work, but will probably have a different flavor than the recipe.
How long can I keep this Vinaigrette in the refrigerator?
You can keep this dressing in the refrigerator for up to one week in an airtight container.
More Dressing/Vinaigrettes for Salads
- Perfect Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- Italian Dressing Mix
- The BEST Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Balsamic Dressing
- Simple Creamy Gorgonzola Dressing
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Italian Dressing Mix
- Combine the vinegar, oil, and water in a dressing container or mason jar.
- Add the seasoning and whisk or shake well until everything is combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Shake or whisk well before each use.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)