Over 70 ideas for sides to serve with pizza for a family movie night, a party, or even a neighborhood. potluck! We all know that pizza is amazing on its own, but the right side dish can elevate your pizza night to a whole new level. From crispy appetizers to mouthwatering salads, this list is full of the best ideas for what to serve with pizza for any occasion.
Hungry yet? Let’s dive in and discover the perfect companions for your favorite pizzas! If you need ideas on what to serve with pizzas, my comprehensive list has you covered! Don’t forget I also have my MEGA list of pizza toppings, too!
Pizza is always a great option whether you’re ordering in (I don’t judge!) or you’re making it homemade. Maybe you want to add a veggie side to balance out the meal a little? Or maybe you want to go all in with some garlicky, cheesy carbs? We have the perfect, most delicious side dishes to pair with your pizza and will give you every side and sauce for dipping that you need!
Most Popular Sides for Pizza
These are classic pizza side dishes that you will find traditionally served with pizza.
- Breadsticks — But let’s make it even better with my Pizza Pull-Apart Bread.
- House Salad — This Italian style house salad (think Olive Garden!) comes together quickly and is a great way to balance out the meal.
- Carrots and Celery sticks — sometimes we think too much about sides when really all you need are carrots and celery!
- Mozzarella Sticks — No need to buy frozen when these are just as simple to make.
- Easy Caprese Salad — Fresh tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella will always be a crowd favorite.
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
Dipping Sauces to Serve with Pizza
Serving pizza with a variety of sauces for dipping is one of the most fun ways to mix up the flavors and options for people to try. Plus, the pizza crust needs some love. This is fun for dinner, or at a party. Here are some popular options to make!
- Ranch dressing — If there is one thing I know, it’s ranch. You won’t buy store bought again after trying this!
- Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Balsamic Glaze — This is delicious on a pizza with veggies or prosciutto.
- Buttermilk Dressing
- Pesto Sauce — This is a great, herby dipping option.
- BBQ Sauce — Great for BBQ chicken or meat lovers’ pizzas
- Honey Mustard — For a sweet and tangy twist, honey mustard can add a nice contrast to the savory flavors of your pizza.
- Marinara Sauce – Perfect for the crust!
- Blue Cheese Dressing — serve as is as a dip for buffalo chicken or spicy pizzas, or combine blue cheese dressing with a dash of hot sauce for a creamy and spicy dip.
- Buffalo Sauce
Salads to Serve with Pizza
Salads are a great choice to serve with pizza, as they provide a fresh and crisp contrast to the savory flavors of the pizza. These salad options offer a range of flavors and textures, allowing you to choose a side that best complements your preferred type of pizza. Whether you prefer a light and simple salad or a more complex and hearty option, there’s a salad that will pair perfectly with your pizza. Here are some delicious salads to consider serving with your pizza:
- Rotini Pasta Salad — This is filling and delicious!
- Pesto Tortellini Salad
- Spinach salad with baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, bacon bits, and a warm bacon dressing provides a rich and savory side.
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Chicken Pesto Caesar Salad
- Kale Salad — add some cranberries to this for some added sweetness.
- Tomato Mozzarella Avocado Salad
- Chef Salad
- Grinder Salad — This went viral and you’ll see why after you try it!
- Italian Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad — This is a refreshing and light salad that’s perfect with pizza
- Spring Chopped Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Sides to Serve with Pizza at a Party
You can’t go wrong with a pizza party, especially if kids are involved! If pizza is on the menu for your next party, family gathering, football watching get together, or another event where people will want to graze, these delicious pizza sides and finger foods will make a well rounded spread everyone will enjoy!
- Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Garlic Bread — everyone says it’s THE best!
- Ranch Chicken Bites
- Chicken Wings — always taste great with some pizza.
- Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders — Sliders are the perfect grab and go side!
- Italian Grinder Sliders
- Marinated Mozzarella Balls
- Buffalo Wings (no breading) — you won’t even miss the breading. They’re that good!
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip — a crowd favorite!
- Garlic Bread Pizza — Garlic butter and pizza? Does it get any better?
- Million Dollar Dip
- Wedge Fries — Oven baked potato wedges are always a good idea and this recipe is easy!
- Ranch Baked Chicken Tenders
Simple Sides for Pizza
If you want the simplest and easiest options to get the food ready fast, these easy side dishes are perfect to make with pizza and will be ready quick!
- Green Beans — 5 different seasoning ideas!
- Vegetable Tray — make you own, or go semi-homemade and buy one, but add some extras like bell pepper, snap peas and more!
- Parmesan Cheese Roasted Cauliflower
- Brown Butter Broccoli
Healthy Sides to Serve with Pizza
I have so many great options for healthy, lighter sides to go along with pizza!
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Antipasto Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad– This has the perfect combination of texture and crunch.
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
What Soups Pair Well with Pizza?
When serving soup with pizza, it’s a good idea to choose soups that complement the flavors of the pizza without being too heavy or overwhelming. Here are some delicious soup options to pair with pizza.
- Slow Cooker Tomato Soup — A classic tomato soup is a natural choice to accompany pizza.
- Crock Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup — This soup pairs well with a variety of pizza flavors and is a great way to sneak some veggies in.
- Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
- French Onion Soup — The rich broth, caramelized onions, and melted cheese topping makes for a delicious and savory side.
- Pasta e Fagioli — This Italian soup combines pasta and beans in a tomato-based broth and would be a great addition on a pizza night.
- Vegetable Soup — A light and vegetable-packed soup can be a refreshing choice to balance the flavors of pizza.
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup
Good Sides for Hawaiian Pizza
- Garlic Bread — A savory element next to the sweetness of the pineapple on your pizza is an A+.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Corn on the Cob — Slathered with butter and add a sprinkle of chili powder – this is a delightful side.
- Italian Tortellini Salad
- Fruit Salad
- Quinoa Salad — We love this nutritious and tasty side with Hawaiian pizza.
- Baked Beans — If you’re looking for a heartier side, consider classic baked beans, which offer a sweet and smoky flavor.
Sides for Cauliflower Pizza
- Cucumber Salad with Ginger Dressing — A light and refreshing cucumber salad with a vinaigrette base provides a cool contrast to the warmth of your pizza.
- Spicy Sriracha Coleslaw – careful, this slaw has a kick!
- Hummus and Veggies — Serve a platter of crisp raw vegetables (e.g., carrots, cucumber, bell peppers) with a side of hummus for dipping. It’s a healthy and satisfying side.
- Greek Layered Dip
Unique Sides for Pizza
If you are bored with the usual sides for pizza, these original side dishes will help to keep things new and exciting now matter what flavor pizza you serve.
- Baked Potatoes — Topped with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives are a hearty and indulgent option.
- Garlic Cheese Bread — There are never leftovers!
- Pesto Caesar Tortellini Salad – not your same old boring pasta salad!
- Onion Rings — Crispy, battered onion rings provide a crunch and savory flavor that complements pizza well.
- Bacon Parmasan Ranch Potato Salad
This should give you a great start to figure out what to serve with pizza. If you need more ideas, feel free to browse all of my easy side dish ideas here!
If there is a great side or appetizer that goes well with pizza that I left off the list, make sure and let me know in the comments!
You can use the same sides for various different types of pizzas. Try choosing some from our lighter options section for a wholesome pairing.
Finger foods are great to bring as a side if you are going to a pizza party. Try buffalo wings or one of my slider recipes.
Estimate 2-3 pieces of pizza per person, depending on if it is children or adults. Multiply that by the number of guests.
It’s common to have 1-2 side dishes to complement the pizza, but you can adjust this based on your needs. A lighter side such as a salad and something more rich like my pull-apart bread are great examples.