A Roast Beef that has been slow cooking all day is such a cozy and delicious meal, but you almost always have leftovers. If you’re wondering what to do with these leftovers, you’ve come to the right place. We have gathered over 42 easy roast beef recipes to help you repurpose your leftover meat and bring it back to life. Whether you’re looking for quick and easy roast beef recipes for dinner or want to use up your leftovers for lunch, we cover it all!
Family-Friendly Leftover Roast Beef Recipes
These family-friendly recipes should help you whip up some easy meals using leftover pot roast in no time. Feel free to get creative and customize these to suit your preferences! Keep in mind that some of these might use a different protein in the original recipe, but you can easily swap it out with your roast beef.
- Roast Beef Sliders – Everyone loves finger food and these little bite sized sandwiches are perfect for a fast and easy dinner on a busy night.
- Baked Roast Beef Tacos -Tacos are always a hit with the family and the BEST for feeding hungry kids or a crowd quickly.
- Easy Fried Rice – You only need a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep!
- Creamy Beef & Spinach Stuffed Shells – If you really want to elevate your pasta, use shredded beef in this recipe.
- Taco Skillet – Adding Mexican flavors to your roast beef you will completely transform your leftovers!
- Mini Beef and Cheese Pockets – Use refrigerated crescent roll dough to create mini pockets filled with roast beef and cheese. Bake until golden brown.
- Quesadillas – With just 15 minutes of prep time, this quick and easy weeknight recipe made from your leftover roast beef will be a hit!
- Garlic Bread Pizza – This recipe comes together quickly and is great for the kids that want to help in the kitchen.
Quick and Easy Leftover Recipes for Roast Beef
Your busy weeknight is asking for these quick and easy meals! Dinner will be that much better by reimagining leftovers! These are not only delicious but also appeal to a wide range of tastes, including those of children. Here are some quick and easy ideas for using up your leftover roast beef:
- Beef and Pasta Salad – Instead of pepperoni mix cold pasta with bite-sized roast beef pieces.
- Beef and Tortellini Skillet – This is delicious!
- Roast Beef Wrap – Roll up sliced roast beef with your favorite greens, tomatoes, and a spread like cream cheese or horseradish in a tortilla or flatbread.
- Beef and Zucchini Stir Fry – Loaded with flavorful veggies.
- 15 Minute Fried Rice – When we need a hearty recipe fast, this is a go to – and the total time it takes really is just 15 minutes!
- Beef Enchiladas
- Roast Beef Sandwich – Layer thinly sliced leftover beef on your favorite bread or roll. Add condiments like mayonnaise, mustard, or horseradish. Include fresh veggies such as lettuce, tomatoes, and onions. You can even melt a piece of cheese on top!
- Pizza with Roast Beef and Veggies – Top pizza dough with tomato sauce, shredded roast beef, and kid-friendly veggies like bell peppers and olives. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake until golden.
- Beef and Cheese Stuffed Baked Potatoes – This is the perfect recipe to use up your leftover roast beef.
- Crustless Pot Pie – This pot recipe is made even easier because it’s crustless!
Casserole Recipes Using Leftover Roast Beef
Casseroles are a great way to transform the tenderness of leftover roast beef into comforting and flavorful dishes. Here are some delicious casserole recipes using leftover roast beef:
- Burrito Casserole – Prep only takes 15 minutes, then you bake it for a dinner full of comforting flavors.
- Loaded Baked Potato Beef Casserole – Using your leftovers you only need a few more ingredients.
- Oven Baked Stuffed Pepper Casserole – Tastes like a classic stuffed pepper, but even easier and faster!
- Roast Beef Cobbler – Leftover pot roast is perfect to use in this instead of chicken.
- Roast Beef Hash – Instructions – Dice your steak and sauté with diced potatoes, onions, and bell peppers. Cook until crispy and serve with a fried or poached egg on top. The ooey gooey egg is the best!
- Beef Enchilada Casserole – Sliced beef works great with this recipe.
Healthy Recipes for Leftover Roast Beef
These recipes were designed to be both nutritious and flavorful, providing a variety of options for using leftover roast beef in a health-conscious way.
- Roast Beef Salad Bowl – Toss sliced roast beef with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and your favorite salad dressing or this delicious Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Stuffed Peppers – This is so satisfying and you can prep it ahead for an even easier dinner.
- Beef and Mushroom Wrap – Sauté sliced mushrooms and onions. Fill a tortilla with slices of roast beef, the mushrooms, and onions. Add a dollop of cream cheese for extra flavor.
- Grinder Salad with Roast Beef – Add sliced slow cooker beef roast to this favorite salad for a boost of protein.
- Beef Stir Fry – One pan wonder!
- Beef and Vegetable Skewers – Thread leftover roast beef chunks onto skewers with colorful vegetables like cherry tomatoes and bell peppers. Grill over medium heat or bake until the beef is heated through.
- Beef and Spinach Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing – Combine baby spinach, sliced roast beef, mandarin oranges, and sliced almonds. Dress with my favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Shredded Beef Lettuce Wraps – Wraps are a great light and easy meal for leftovers.
Comforting Recipes Using Leftover Roast Beef
Leftover meals can be so awesome! Half the work is done when you go to make your next dinner! These recipes take advantage of the rich and tender flavors of leftover pot roast, turning them into comforting and satisfying dishes.
- Slow Cooker Pot Pie – Reinvent your pot pie with your leftover roast beef.
- Beef Burritos – Transform your roast beef with Mexican flavors.
- Shredded Beef Cobbler – Inspired by a TikTok recipe that went viral!
- Beef and Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie – Layer sliced roast beef with a mixture of sautéed onions, carrots, and peas. Top with these mashed potatoes and bake until golden.
- Leftover Roast Beef Stroganoff – A classic meal that stands the test of time.
- Roast Beef and Gravy – Keep it traditional by simply using your favorite gravy recipe.
- 15 Bean Slow Cooker Soup – Make this soup even heartier by adding chunks of leftover roast beef and a dollop of sour cream.
- Beef and Noodle Soup – Traditionally a chicken noodle soup, beef would be delicious along with egg noodles.
- Roast Beef Chili – This is my favorite slow cooker, chunky chili!
Sides to Serve with Leftover Roast Beef
Roast beef pairs well with a variety of delicious sides that complement its rich and savory flavors. Here are some classic and flavorful options:
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Caramelized Onions
- Green Beans
- Sauteed Spinach
- Arugula Salad
- Cauliflower Soup
- Savory Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Mashed Cauliflower
- Steakhouse Salad
You’ve already done half the work by having your roast beef prepared. These quick and easy recipes should give you a great start to figuring out what your next meal will be using the leftovers. If you need more ideas, feel free to browse all of my readers favorite recipes, weeknight chicken dinners, or easy dinner ideas here!
If there is a great leftover recipe using Roast Beef that I left off the list, make sure and let me know in the comments!
How do you reheat roast beef?
Microwave or warm the beef in a covered roasting pan with a splash of beef broth in a 325ºF oven until it’s warmed through (5-10 minutes).
What is roast beef?
You can use varying cuts of beef for a roast. A roast beef is simply beef that has been roasted, usually in the oven.
How long does leftover roast beef last in the fridge?
USDA recommends using cooked leftovers within 3 to 4 days.
Can I freeze cooked roast beef?
Yes! Place cooked roast beef into a freezer-safe bag. Seal the bag tightly. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 3 onions
- 1 beef bottom round roast, 3-4 pounds
Garlic Butter Rub
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Make the garlic butter rub by combining the softened butter with garlic cloves, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Pat the roast dry with paper towels and then slather the garlic butter mixture over the roast on all sides.
- Quarter the onions and remove the skins and place in the bottom of the crockpot. Position the roast beef on top of the onions fatty side down. Place the lid on the crock pot.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-6 hours on high. Once done, remove the roast beef and thinly slice the meat. Serve with onions and reserve juices to spoon over the top or to make gravy. Save the leftovers and use the ideas that we provided. It'll feel like a brand new meal!