Over 50 ideas for sides to serve with chicken wings for dinner, a party, or even a potluck! This list covers every side dish you will ever need- from classic side dishes for wings, to more unique ideas, and even some lighter options to round it out. This list is full of the best ideas for what to serve with wings for any occasion.
If you need ideas on what to serve with wings, my comprehensive list has got you covered! Wings are a favorite in my house and we have them often for dinner and as an appetizer for game day or family gatherings. Whether you are serving up Crispy Buffalo Wings, Asian style wings or BBQ Chicken Wings, we have the perfect side dish to pair it with and will give you every side and sauce for dipping that you need!
Most Popular Sides for Wings
These are classic sides that you will find traditionally served with chicken wings.
- Carrots and Celery sticks- This is the number one side dish for wings! Traditionally, celery is served with buffalo wings to help with the spiciness of the chicken wings (pictured).
- French fries- Serve up the classic or keep it light with these oven baked potato wedges (pictured).
- Baked Mac and Cheese – This classic southern dish perfectly compliments the flavor!
- Corn on the cob- I like to make my corn on the cob in the instant pot!
- Baked beans with Ground Beef– this is a great option if you want a hearty side dish to go with chicken wings.
- Potato Salad
- House Salad– this is very similar to what you would get at Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, or Outback
- Coleslaw- Goes especially well with BBQ Wings
Sauces to Serve with Wings
Serving chicken wings with a variety of sauces for dipping is one of the most fun ways to mix up the flavors and options for people to try. This is fun for dinner, or at a party. Here are some popular options to make!
- Ranch dressing– This recipe tastes like the ranch you get at restaurants (and it’s easy to make!)
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Honey Mustard
- Buttermilk Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
- Yum yum sauce – Pairs well with Asian style wings like honey sriracha or Asian Zing!
- Sour Cream
Sides to Serve with Wings for Dinner
When you want to fill out the meal, you can pick one or a few of the best side dishes to make a complete, filling dinner with chicken wings as your main dish and star.
- Rotini Pasta Salad– This is filling and delicious!
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Mexican Street Corn Casserole – the flavors go well with buffalo wings or BBQ wings!
- Hashbrown Casserole– this is hearty and pairs well
- Roasted Green Beans– a great kid-friendly lighter option
- Rice- Go with plain, or give it a flavor boost by pairing the wings with my cilantro lime rice or lemon rice.
- Corn Casserole– This is THE BEST corn casserole you will ever make!
What to Serve with Wings as an Appetizer
If wings are on the menu for your next party, family gathering, football watching get together, or another event where people will want to graze, these delicious side dishes and finger foods will make a well rounded spread everyone will enjoy!
- Chipotle Corn Salsa
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Crockpot Chicken Nachos
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Garlic Bread Pizza
- Million Dollar Dip
- Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- Loaded Taco Dip
- Million Dollar Deviled Eggs
Easy Sides for Chicken Wings
If you want the quickest and easiest options to get the food ready fast, these easy side dishes are perfect to make with wings and will be ready quick!
- Cut up vegetables- save more time by buying a veggie tray at the store
- Baked Asparagus
- Southwest Corn Dip – No cooking!
- Crockpot Baked Potatoes
- Guacamole – Surprisingly tasty when served with wings!
- Canned Beans- I like to doctor up my canned black beans like this!
- Chips- Love french fries but need something easy at home? Just grab a bag of your favorite potato chips!
Lighter Sides to Serve with Wings
Wings can be a wholesome option when you opt for baked options. What goes with wings can be light too!
- Celery and Carrot sticks- This was mentioned above, but it is the #1 side dish for wings, and it is worth mentioning again since it is a great light option.
- Other veggies- you can serve a whole vegetable tray. Try adding cucumber, sliced bell pepper, tomatoes, snap peas and more!
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad– This has the perfect combination of texture and crunch.
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Caesar Salad
What to pair with each flavor of wings
If you are looking for something to pair with a particular flavor of chicken wings, I can help! I am going to go through my top 3 side dishes for each of the most popular flavors of wings.
These same sides hold true whether you are making fried chicken wings, baked chicken wings, or even crockpot chicken wings. The flavor is what I use to guide the sides I serve.
Good Sides for Buffalo Wings
- Carrots and Celery
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes– my absolute favorite way to make them!
- Side Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing – don’t skip the dressing!
Good Sides for BBQ Wings
Good Sides for Garlic Parmesan Wings
Sides for Teriyaki Wings
- Cucumber Salad with Ginger Dressing
- Spicy Sriracha Coleslaw – careful, this slaw has a kick!
- Chicken Fried Rice
Unique Sides for Chicken Wings
If you are bored with the usual sides for chicken wings, these original side dishes will help to keep things new and exciting now matter what flavor chicken wings you serve.
- Onion Rings- Skip the french fries and do something less expected!
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes– This savory sweet potato side dish hits the spot every time! Or go semi-traditional with sweet potato fries.
- Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa– For a fun sweet and spicy twist on salsa.
- Garlic Cheese Bread– This is always devoured first thing.
- Pesto Caesar Tortellini Salad – not your same old boring pasta salad!
- Million Dollar Bacon– This sweet and salty candied bacon is about as irresistible as wings!
This should give you a great start to figure out what to serve with wings. If you need more ideas, feel free to browse all of my easy side dish ideas here!
If there is a great side or appetizer that goes well with wings that I left off the list, make sure and let me know in the comments!
You can use the same sides for baked wings or fried wings. Try choosing some from our lighter options section for a wholesome pairing.
The celery can help to offset the spiciness of the chicken wings so it is a great traditional side dish to serve with wings.
This depends on how you are serving the chicken wings. If you are serving them for an appetizer you can pair it with 3-4 other options for a well rounded large spread or 1-2 for a small spread.
If you are serving chicken wings for dinner I like to have a protein, vegetable and starch, so you can pick 1 hearty side dish with a combination of these, or 2-3 lighter sides to make a complete, filling, meal.