Shredded Chicken Sliders are an easy, crowd-pleasing meal or appetizer. They’re made in as little as 20 minutes with soft and sweet Hawaiian rolls layered with juicy shreds of chicken, melty provolone, and a honey mustard glaze. Whip these sandwiches up as an easy lunch or dinner or dig into them for a hearty appetizer option. You can’t go wrong!
Shredded Chicken Sliders – The EASY Way!
Chicken sliders are one of those appetizers that everyone loves. And what’s not to love about a mini, cheesy chicken sandwich? The best part is that it is easy to make on a whim with leftover shredded chicken, or with rotisserie chicken you grab at the store.
This recipe for shredded chicken sliders is a favorite. It’s simple yet so flavorful and a hit with kids and adults alike. Enjoy it as a meal with a side dish or two or serve it as an appetizer at a game day or holiday party. Just watch how fast the sandwiches fly off the plate. They really are the perfect party food.
This recipe is sized for a dozen sandwiches, but can easily be doubled if you’re feeding more people! It’s so good and takes requires just a few minutes of hands-on time!
Why I LOVE this recipe!
- Simple ingredients. You need just three main ingredients plus a 5-ingredient glaze!
- Easy prep. I start this recipe with rotisserie chicken for the easiest prep ever. You can have these sliders assembled and in the oven in under 5 minutes.
- Perfect flavor. You have the buttery sweetness of the rolls, the savory chicken, the creamy provolone, and a sweet and slightly spicy honey mustard glaze. Is your mouth watering, too?
What to Serve with Shredded Chicken Sliders
This dish will pair well with many of your favorite side dishes. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
Side Dish Ideas
- Easy Rotini Pasta Salad – You can never go wrong with a classic pasta salad. This recipe features tender rotini, tons of fresh veggies, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices, and fresh basil tossed in a flavorful Italian dressing.
- Ranch Smashed Potatoes – These Ranch smashed potatoes are a simple, yet totally mouthwatering side dish. They’re made with baby red potatoes that are boiled until tender, smashed, topped with oil and Ranch seasoning, then roasted until crispy.
- Broccoli Slaw – This broccoli slaw is packed full of fresh flavors and crunchy textures. It features shredded broccoli slaw mix, sweet red apples, salty cashews, dried cranberries, bacon, and a mayonnaise/red wine vinegar dressing.
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob – Enjoy the perfect summer meal with this corn on the cob recipe. It’s ready in just 3 minutes and yields bright, sweet, juicy corn finished with savory garlic butter spiced with red pepper flakes.
- Grandma’s Mac & Cheese– This baked mac and cheese recipe has been passed down in my family through 4 generations!
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This pulled chicken sliders recipe is as simple as promised! Just 25 minutes for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use for how to make Shredded Chicken Sliders to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
Ingredients + Substitutions
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls – The soft texture and slightly sweet flavor of Hawaiian rolls is delicious in this recipe. If you can’t find Hawaiian rolls, regular dinner rolls or slider buns will work too.
- Shredded Chicken – I like to use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to keep the prep super quick. Feel free to use leftover chicken or cook up your own chicken using my perfect baked chicken recipe, my homemade baked rotisserie chicken, or any recipe of your choice.
- Provolone Cheese – Provolone is the perfect melty cheese for this recipe, but you can swap it out for other cheeses if preferred. Try it with mozzarella, Colby jack, cheddar cheese, you name it.
- Honey Mustard Glaze – Our easy honey mustard glaze is made with a combination of melted butter, dijon mustard, honey, poppy seeds, and salt.
- Cut between the rolls. Before adding the glaze, use a serrated knife to cut between the rolls. That little bit of space allows the glaze to seep into the cracks making the sandwiches extra delicious.
- Whisk the glaze well. We want it to be nice and smooth so you get balanced sweet and spicy flavor in every bite.
- If the tops of the rolls are browning too quickly before the cheese is fully melted, cover the baking dish with foil and continue to bake.
- Serve right away. While you can bake and store them for later, these Hawaiian rolls chicken sliders are best hot and fresh out of the oven. They’re just so melty and soft!
- Play with flavors. Season the chicken different ways, add a sauce, or use another type of cheese or glaze, sprinkle on some extra seasonings, layer some sliced onions onto the sandwiches… This recipe is so customizable!
- Want to double the recipe? Double the ingredients and assemble the sliders in a 9×13″ baking pan to make 24 sliders.
Recipe Short Cuts
If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster!
- Use rotisserie chicken – I already like to do this to keep this recipe extra quick and easy. Starting with rotisserie chicken takes cooking chicken off your to-do list!
- Bake in advance – While these rotisserie chicken sliders are best served right away, you can save time later on by baking them in advance and storing them in the fridge. Then, when you’re ready to serve, simply reheat them in the oven.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders – Make this into a BBQ chicken sliders recipe by simply swapping the rotisserie chicken out for my crock pot buffalo chicken.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders – Layer slices of cooked bacon into the sliders along with a drizzle of Ranch dressing!
- Barbeque Chicken Sliders– Smother the shredded rotisserie chicken in your favorite BBQ sauce or use leftover shreds of my baked BBQ chicken drumsticks.
Freezer Meal Instructions
Making this easy chicken sliders recipe into a freezer meal is simple! Follow the steps below and you can store this recipe in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Assemble the sliders as instructed, but hold off on making and adding the glaze.
- Wrap the baking dish tightly in plastic wrap and foil and store it in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge, add the glaze, then bake as directed.
Pulled Chicken Sliders Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making Hawaiian rolls chicken sliders, then it is your lucky day! They are best enjoyed right away, but still do save and reheat well.
To save leftovers, place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 2-3 days
- in the freezer up to a month
More Chicken Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my chicken recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Sliders
- BLT Chicken Skillet
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Garlic Bread Chicken Caesar Sandwich
For the sliders
- 12 hawaiian rolls
- 2 heaping cups shredded chicken, I use rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
For the glaze
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (salted or unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally and lay the bottoms of the rolls in a baking dish.
- Spread the shredded chicken evenly over the bottom of the rolls. Add the provolone cheese slices on top of the chicken. Lay the top of the rolls over the cheese layer. Use a serrated knife to cut between all the rolls.
- Make the glaze by combining the melted butter with the honey, dijon, poppy seeds and salt. Whisk until completely combined.
- Spread the glaze over the tops and in between the rolls. Then, bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.