This BLT chicken skillet is all of your favorite BLT sandwich flavors made as a wholesome, low-carb, high-protein meal! It’s made with juicy pan-seared chicken topped with tomato, lettuce, crispy bacon, and Ranch dressing- made in as little as 20 minutes. Serve on its own, as a traditional sandwich, over a salad, you name it! It’s quick, versatile, and so tasty!
BLT Chicken Skillet – The EASY Way!
I don’t know about you, but I am always on the lookout for the quickest, easiest weeknight recipes that everyone will enjoy.
This BLT chicken skillet is definitely one of those recipes. It’s a 20 minute meal that combines all of the flavors of a classic BLT sandwich just without the bread. This gives you the option of serving it as a low-carb and high-protein meal on its own or enjoying it as a sandwich, salad, pasta dish, etc.
It’s so tasty and can be served just how you like it! And bonus, it’s made all in one pan. No extra dishes required!
If you want a beef version, find my Big Mac Skillet here.
Why I LOVE this recipe!
- Lightened up classic. You get all of the best flavors of a BLT sandwich in a low-carb, high-protein meal.
- Quick and easy. This recipe comes together in a total of 20 minutes—start to finish!
- Versatile. Serve this as-is or enjoy it on a sandwich, over a salad, in pasta, etc.
- Kid Friendly– A great way to get your kids to enjoy veggies!
What to Serve with a BLT Chicken Skillet
Since this dish has the classic flavors of a BLT sandwich, it will pair well with many of your favorite side dishes. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
Side Dish Ideas
- Easy Rotini Pasta Salad – Round your meal out with this hearty pasta salad. It’s packed full of fresh, crunchy veggies, perfectly cooked rotini pasta, and pepperoni all tossed in a flavorful Italian dressing.
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad – Stay on the low-carb train with this simple broccoli cauliflower salad. It’s light, healthy, and loaded with perfect flavors and textures.
- Perfect Oven Roasted Vegetables – Make your meal extra nutritious, colorful, and flavorful with these tasty oven roasted veggies. It’s the perfect combination of onion, pepper, broccoli, squash, and zucchini ready in just 15 minutes!
- Garlic Bread– This easy recipe is our go-to and gets RAVE reviews!
- Hashbrown Casserole– This cheesy dish is a family favorite!
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This BLT chicken skillet recipe is as simple as promised! Just 20 minutes for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
Ingredients + Substitutions
- Chicken – You’ll need 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can also substitute boneless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Olive Oil – Coating the chicken in oil adds moisture, helps the skin crisp up, and helps the seasonings stick.
- Ranch Seasoning – We’re keeping our seasonings super simple by using pre-made Ranch seasoning. You can purchase this on the dressing aisle at the store, or make homemade ranch seasoning.
- Bacon – You can use thin or thick bacon. You will need as many slices as you have chicken breasts.
- Lettuce – I use fresh, chopped Romaine, but any of your favorite greens will do including iceberg, butter lettuce, or spinach.
- Tomato – You’ll need one large tomato cut into slices to top off each chicken breast.
- Ranch Dressing – A creamy Ranch dressing is the perfect way to top off your chicken and tie in the flavors of the Ranch seasoning. Use storebought or try my homemade ranch dressing.
- Let the chicken marinate – After seasoning the chicken, let it sit for a few minutes before cooking to allow the flavor a little bit of time to soak into the meat.
- Don’t drain the bacon grease – Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the pan, then leave the grease and use the same skillet to cook the chicken. It cooks the chicken perfectly and adds so much extra flavor!
- Check the temperature – To ensure that your chicken is done cooking, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast. The internal temperature should be 165ºF.
Recipe Short Cuts
If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster!
- Pre-cook the bacon – You can cook the bacon ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge if frozen, then reheat over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Pre-cook the chicken – You can cook the chicken in advance, then store it in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge if frozen, then warm on the stove or in the oven until heated through.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Add other toppings – Feel free to play around with whatever toppings you think sound good! Try onion, sautéed spinach, mushrooms, or peppers and onions, pickles, cucumber, you name it.
- Spice it up – Like a little bit of heat? Drizzle on your favorite hot sauce or add a sprinkle of chopped jalapeño peppers.
- Make it cheesy – Want to make it cheesy? Layer a slice of cheese on top of the chicken breast in the last couple minutes of cooking time.
Freezer Meal Instructions
Making this BLT chicken skillet recipe into a freezer meal is simple! Follow the steps below and you can store this recipe in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Cook and cool both the chicken and the bacon, then store them both in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- When you’re ready to serve, thaw them both in the fridge overnight, reheat in a skillet, then add the toppings and serve.
BLT Chicken Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making your chicken skillet, then it is your lucky day! Both the bacon and the chicken save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to 3 months.
Here are a few ways to repurpose those leftovers and give them a delicious makeover!
- BLT Chicken Salad – Chop the chicken and tomato into bite-sized pieces, crumble the bacon, and add it all to a salad with chopped Romaine and Ranch dressing.
- Chicken BLT Sandwich – Keep it classic by adding the chicken and toppings all onto your favorite bread.
- Chicken BLT Wrap – Just wrap everything up together in your favorite tortilla for a fresh and hearty lunch option.
- BLT Pasta Salad with Chicken – Chop everything up and mix it into your favorite cooked pasta for a hearty pasta salad.
More One-Pan Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my one-pan recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- Cajun Chicken Skillet
- Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Skillet
- One Pan Italian Chicken and Veggie Skillet
- Chili Ranch Skillet Chicken
- Combine the chicken breast with the olive oil and ranch seasoning. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat add bacon and cook 5-6 minutes or until crispy, flipping as needed. Once done, remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Place chicken breast in a single layer in the bacon grease in the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes without touching then flip, cook 1-2 minutes and cover. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking 4-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp)
- Top with a slice of tomato, a slice of bacon, and a drizzle of ranch.