This Pepperoni Ravioli Lasagna marries two of our favorite meals into one SUPER FAST and extra delicious weeknight dinner. Layers of pasta, cheese, rich tomato sauce and flavorful pepperoni make this dish a family favorite, and with only 4 ingredients it couldn’t be more quick and easy!
Lasagna – The EASY Way!
If you are like me and pasta is your love language, then you can not miss this easy dinner.
With only 4 ingredients you can be on your way to a rich, filling, flavor loaded pasta casserole that the whole family will love!
We often call Ravioli Lasagna, LAZY LASAGNA, because you get all the flavor of lasagna with just a small fraction of the work.
Ravioli makes the magic happen since it provides tender layers of pasta and rich ricotta filling all in one ready made package.
While you can make Ravioli Lasagna in many ways, using pepperoni is my kids all time favorite, and one of the most requested recipes. It gives you the kid pleasing flavor of pizza in the comforting package of a baked lasagna casserole.
There is not much better for a busy weeknight!
What to Serve with Ravioli Lasagna
Since this dish has the classic flavors of Italian food, it will pair well with many of your favorite Italian side dishes. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
Side Dish Ideas
- Garlic parmesan roasted broccoli
- BEST EVER Garlic Bread (with homemade garlic bread spread!)
- Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- Italian Roasted Veggies
- Sautéed Spinach – quick, easy and super healthy!
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This Ravioli Lasagna recipe is as simple as promised! Just 4 ingredients and a few minutes of prep for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
- Frozen Ravioli– What you need for this recipe is plain cheese ravioli. You will find it in a bag in the freezer section of the grocery store. I prefer the square kind because it fits best in the pan, but round will taste the same.
I always use frozen ravioli for this recipe. I like it because I can keep it on hand for when I need an easy meal. Refrigerated ravioli can work as well, but the cooking time will be reduced, and you may have to buy multiple packages as the refrigerated packages are sometimes smaller.
- Sauce– This is a major player in the flavor of the dish. If you have a favorite pasta sauce, then go with it. I generally use marinara since since we are adding pepperoni to the casserole. If you are a big meat lover, you may want to use meat sauce along with the pepperoni. Both will give you great results!
- Pepperoni– Any pepperoni will work for this recipe. You can use pepperoni freshly sliced at the deli, or just the kind you pick up off the shelf. Depending on how thick or thin it is sliced may impact how much you need to cover each layer though,
- Cheese- Mozzarella is the classic cheese to use in lasagna. It is mellow and gives you that great cheesy texture that pulls and stretches as you scoop out a big piece to serve. You can also use Italian blend cheese, or a combo of mozzarella and provolone or parmesan.
- If you change the ravioli, you may need to change the cook time. Using fresh or refrigerated ravioli it may cook faster than with frozen. Also, I prefer to use square shaped ravioli just because it fits more perfectly in my square dish.
- Make ahead if needed! This casserole can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to cook.
- Add more flavor! This dish combines the flavors of lasagna, pizza, and ravioli for a fantastic flavor combo. If you like a more loaded pizza you can add any of your favorite toppings. Sausage, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, and bacon are all great adders! You can also sub meat sauce for marinara for a meatier lasagna.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Veggie Ravioli Lasagna– Along with, or instead of the meat, load the lasagna up with veggies. Chopped spinach, mushrooms, oninos, sweet peppers, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, etc all make great veggies fillings. You may want to sautee the veggies before adding them to the casserole if you like them soft.
- White Ravioli Lasagna– Instead of marinara sauce, try using alfredo sauce as the base for the lasagna.
- Meat Lovers Ravioli Lasagna– Load the lasagna up with precooked hamburger, sausage, ham, bacon, and/or hot italian sausage and swap the marinara for meat sauce.
If you have special dietary needs, this recipe meets some and can be easily modified to comply with others.
As always, check all store bought ingredients for compliance on specific dietary needs. The notes below are a general guide.
- Gluten free: This recipe can be made gluten free by using gluten free ravioli.
- Nut free: This recipe is naturally nut free
- Egg free: This recipe is naturally egg free. Make sure the ravioli does not contain egg, as some do.
- Macros: The approximate macro calculation for this recipe is- P: 31g C: 41g F: 33g
Freezer Meal Instructions
This Ravioli Lasagna works well as a freezer meal, and can be frozen before or after cooking.
To prepare as a freezer meal before cooking:
- In a casserole dish, spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Layer the ravioli, sauce, cheese and pepperoni in layers until the dish is full.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze.
- When ready to cook, thaw for 24-48 hours in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 400˚F for 35-40 minutes.
Ravioli Lasagna Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making this Pizza Ravioli Lasagna, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my Dinner recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- 15 Minute Chicken Fried Rice
- Cheesy Beef Enchilada Skillet
- Chicken Taco Casserole
- Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce (One skillet!)
- 25 oz frozen cheese ravioli, (1 bag)
- 16 oz spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 oz pepperoni, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 2 qt casserole dish.
- Create layers by adding layer of ravioli , then cover with sauce, top with cheese and then pepperoni and repeat layering to make 3-4 layers with the top layers being cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake covered for 40-45 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the sauce is bubbling around the sides. Bake uncovered the last 5-10 minutes if desired to crisp the edges of the cheese.