This Baked Everything Chicken Stuffed with Cream Cheese is anything but boring! Packed with flavor, and so easy to make, this recipe makes your weeknight chicken dinner the star of the show. Flavored with Everything but the Bagel seasoning, and stuffed with a creamy garlic cream cheese, this one is a keeper!
Everything Chicken – The EASY Way!
I get it… Chicken breast can seem so boring. It is easy to get in a rut and make the same 3-5 recipes over and over again.
This recipe is the one that will rescue you from your rut!
It is amazing because:
- It is packed with flavor
- Has just 5 ingredients
- Only takes minutes of prep
- Bakes hands off so you can do something else
- Goes well with almost any sides you have on hand!
If these aren’t reason enough, how about it being just plain DELICIOUS!
We are talking tender juicy chicken breast coated in Everything Bagel seasoning that packs in the garlic, onion, sesame flavor, then stuffed with the most luscious mixture of cream cheese, garlic and green onions, then baked to perfection.
You have to try it! (And make sure to leave me a note in the comments to let me know what you think!
What to Serve with Everything Chicken
If you are familiar with Everything but the Bagel seasoning, you know it combines classic favorites like garlic, onion, sesame and poppy seeds. These flavors go well with most all classic American side dishes. I will suggest a few of our favorites with both everyday options and healthy ones below.
Side Dish Ideas
- Mashed potatoes
- Fresh Sautéed Green Beans
- Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Favorite Roasted Veggies
- Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Garlic Bread
- Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This baked chicken recipe is as simple as promised! Just 5 ingredients and minutes of prep for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
For the Chicken
- Chicken breasts – Choose nice thick, boneless skinless chicken breasts. Trim any excess fat from each breast before starting the recipe.
- Everything but the bagel seasoning- You can buy this at Trader Joe’s, or many other stores. I have recently found it at Walmart, Sam’s and Costco. If you want flavor just like the real thing, I would encourage you to take an extra 5 minutes to make it from scratch! This Everything Bagel seasoning is my go-to! I like to make a big batch to keep on hand at all times!
For the Filling
- Cream cheese– You can use regular, low fat, or neufchatel cheese with great results. You want the cheese to be nice and soft so that you can fully incorporate the garlic and green onions into it.
- Fresh garlic– I highly recommend fresh if possible. This gives it the best flavor!
- Green onions– Chop them small so that you incorporate a little bit into each bite.
- Servings– This recipe is designed to feed 4 adults. You can scale this recipe up or down by choosing the amount of chicken breasts you want to serve, and adjusting the cream cheese mixture accordingly.
- The key to tender chicken– The secret to keeping your chicken breast tender and juicy when baking, is simply to not over-cook it. Chicken breast should be cooked to 165˚F and the higher it goes over that, the more tough and dry your chicken will become.
If you don’t have a meat thermometer, I highly recommend getting one! They are inexpensive, and will “magically” make you a much better cook – at least when it comes to meat!
- Not too much seasoning– Be careful not to go too overboard with the seasoning. Everything bagel seasoning has pretty strong flavors so it is possible to get too much for your preference.
If you do prefer a stronger or less strong flavor you can use more or less seasoning to taste.
- Making the cut– To get the cream cheese nestled in the chicken breast just where you want it, try to cut into the chicken breast as evenly as possible and as deeply as you can, without cutting it completely in two. This will create the biggest pocket to hold the cream cheese in.
It may start to melt out of the sides just a little as it bakes. This is okay and it shouldn’t become runny enough to completely run out.
Recipe Short Cuts
If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster!
- Pre-mix the cream cheese– The cream cheese mixture can be pre-made then refrigerated until use. I like to place it in plastic and shape it into a log so that I can just slice it and stuff into each chicken breast, rather than having to soften it again.
- Make as a freezer meal– Prepare up to 6 months in advance as a freezer meal. Directions below!
- Pre-make the Everything but the bagel seasoning– If you aren’t planning to use store bought seasoning, you can make the Everything Bagel seasoning up to a year in advance!! I like to make it in large quantities to save time!
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Extra Cheesy Everything Bagel Chicken– Mix in parmesan, cheddar, or mozzarella into the cream cheese mixture.
- Skillet Everything Bagel Chicken– This recipe can be adapted to the stove top by heating 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Place the prepared chicken in the skillet and cook for 1-3 minutes, or until seared, then flip and ccook for 1 minute, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F.)
If you have special dietary needs, this recipe meets some and can be easily modified to comply with others.
As always, check all store bought ingredients for compliance on specific dietary needs. The notes below are a general guide.
- Gluten free: This recipe is naturally gluten free.
- Dairy free: This recipe is not dairy free, although the Everything Chicken can be prepared without the cream cheese stuffing, and then will qualify as dairy free.
- Nut free: This recipe is naturally tree nut free, but does contain seeds
- Egg free: This recipe is naturally egg free
- Low carb/Keto: This recipe is low carb at only 9g net carbs.
- Macros: The approximate macro calculation for this recipe is- P: 52 g C: 3g F: 25g
Freezer Meal Instructions
Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken can be made into a freezer meal! You can prepare this up to 6 months in advance to make a quick and easy cook and serve meal.
- Follow the recipe instructions through step 4.
- Once the chicken breast is prepared, set them in a freezer friendly container, or freezer bag, flat and not touching.
If desired, you can flash freeze on a baking sheet, then move them to a container where they can touch or be piled.
- When ready to cook, thaw for 24-48 hours flat, so that they cream cheese mixture doesn’t fall out.
- Bake as directed.
Everything Chicken Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making baked Everything Chicken, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
Here are a few ways to repurpose those leftovers and give them a delicious makeover!
- Everything Chicken Panini– Slice the chicken breast and place it between two slices of good white bread. Brush the outside with melted butter and press with a panini press, or grill on each side in a skillet
- Everything Bagel Wraps– Grab a large tortilla or flatbread and spread a thin layer of mayo or ranch dressing. Add sliced cucumber, sliced or diced Everything Bagel Chicken, and chopped romaine lettuce, arugula, or baby spinach. Optional- add shredded parmesan, chopped green onions, or tomatoes. Wrap and enjoy. For a lighter option use butter lettuce as a wrap instead!
- Everything Chicken Loaded Baked Potatoes– Prepare baked potatoes and load them up with all of the classic toppings, butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, chives. Chop the chicken and add it right on top of the potato for extra protein and flavor.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my Easy Chicken recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- Green Chile Baked Chicken
- Chili Ranch Skillet Chicken
- Million Dollar Chicken Bake
- Sheet Pan Baked Chicken Cutlets with Veggies
- Super Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Everything Bagel Chicken Stuffed with Cream Cheese
For the Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup everything but the bagel seasoning
For the Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Create the filling by mixing softened cream cheese, garlic, and green onions together.
- Cut a slit horizontally in each chicken breast to create a pocket for the filling.
- Stuff each chicken breast with one quarter of the filling. Secure the chicken closed with a toothpick if needed.
- Roll the chicken in the everything bagel seasoning to coat all sides and place on a baking sheet or casserole dish.
- Bake at 400˚F for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165˚F. Time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breast.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)