These Baked Creamy Garlic Pork Chops are the perfect easy dinner that is packed with protein and dripping in flavor. With as little as 10 minutes of prep you can have these creamy pork chops prepped and cooking hands off for an extra quick weeknight meal. Juicy pork chops, a super easy recipe, and classic and beloved flavors are sure to make this a family favorite dinner!
Garlic Pork Chops – The EASY Way!
Pork chops are notorious for being overcooked. Folks often think they need to be cooked until white but then they continue to cook and end up having to be covered in apple sauce to make up for just how dry they are. I am going to share a few tricks to make sure you never have dry pork chops again. Which is a real bummer considering pork chops are a cheap and lean protein that make a very good dinner!
My tried and true method of cooking boneless pork chops that are kid friendly and family loved. The garlic parmesan pork chops are made on a sheet tray for easy cooking and easy access for when you need to check the internal temperature.
Plus, because I bake the sauce with the pork chops, it helps to maintain the moisture in them and reduces the workload in the kitchen. So, let’s get to making these delicious smothered pork chops!
Why I LOVE this recipe!
- Super Fast – I like to use boneless 1″ thick pork chops because they cook super quick! These creamy garlic pork chops only require 25 minutes (tops!) of cooking time.
- Beloved Flavors – With classic flavors of garlic, parmesan, and cream cheese, who wouldn’t love this recipe! Everyone who has ever tried it, always asks for the recipe and I am positive it is because it is a juicy protein, smothered in cheese, and packed with garlicky flavor. And, without much spice, most kids love it too!
- Hight Protein – Low Carb – You don’t need to be on a specific diet to enjoy these, but if you watch your carbs, you will especially love this recipe!
What to Serve with Garlic Baked Pork Chops
Since this dish has all the classic flavors, it will pair well with many of your favorite classic side dishes. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
Side Dish Ideas
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes – There is nothing better than mashed potatoes and pork chops. And these are super creamy and buttery making for the best texture!
- Classic Steakhouse Wedge Salad – I love a good, crisp salad, and this one is just like what you might find at a snazzy steakhouse. Made with homemade Cesar dressing and topped with bacon, it is the perfect compliment to these garlic baked pork chops.
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes – Another great potato recipe (and garlic recipe). If everyone loves garlic, why not double down?!
- Oven Roasted Vegetables – For a lighter take, enjoy these perfect oven roasted vegetables along side the pork chops. Tossed in classic seasonings, they will be a compliment to a whole dinner.
- Garlic Bread – THE best garlic bread you’ll ever make.
- Rice- white, brown or wild rice all pair well
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This baked garlic pork chops recipe is as simple as promised! Just 30 minutes for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
Ingredients + Substitutions
- Boneless Pork Chops – This recipe is written for boneless 1″ thick pork chop. You can definitely use thicker or thinner ones that are bone in, but the cooking time will need to be adjusted. If they are bone in and thicker, add more time until you reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees. If they are thinner, begin checking the temperature at 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese – I use regular (full fat) cream cheese. You can also substitute light, or neufchatel cheese as well.
- Sour Cream – I use regular (full fat) sour cream, but you can substitute light sour cream.
- Garlic – Since garlic is one of the signature flavors in this dish, I highly recommend using fresh garlic. In a pinch you could use garlic paste, but you will get the best flavor from using freshly pressed garlic cloves.
- Parmesan – The parmesan adds a nutty and salty flavor to the sauce. I like to use fresh grated parmesan, but you can save time by using pre-shredded. You can also use Pecorino Romano or a blend of the two cheeses. If you want to find the good stuff with the best flavor, try checking in the deli section of your grocer.
- Mozzarella – I generally use block or pre-shredded mozzarella. You can use a fresh ball of mozzarella that has been torn as well with great results.
- Salt and Pepper– to taste
- Use a large pan – In order to ensure the pork chops cook evenly and quickly, you must use a big enough pan to fit all the pork chops in one layer. I use a 9×11 pan or a cookie tray with edges.
- The KEY to perfectly cooked pork chops – Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145˚ F. I like to use a meat thermometer to check them to ensure they are perfectly cooked – ie SUPER tender and juicy. The pork chops my appear slightly pink in the middle, but as long as they are cooked to 145˚F they are done, and there is no need to worry. (Per FDA guidelines)
- Broil – At the end of the cook time, you can use the last 3-5 minutes to broil the pork chops with garlic cream sauce. This will brow the mozzarella on top for a yummy and gooey bite!
Recipe Short Cuts
If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster!
- Prep Ahead– These pork chops can be prepped up to 2 days in advance. Simply put everything in the pan and cover with plastic wrap or a lid. Take them out and bake as directed when you want them. You can also just prep the cream sauce to use when needed. This can be kept for up to 5 days in the fridge.
- Make as a freezer meal– You can bake these pork chops and freeze them for up to 1 month. They cannot be frozen prior to baking because the sour cream in the sauce does not thaw well when not baked first.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Garlic Mushroom Pork Chops – To sneak some vegetables into this dish, layer sliced mushrooms on top of the pork chops and under the cream sauce. You can also rough chop the mushrooms and mix them into the cream sauce.
- Spicy Garlic Pork Chops – For a Mexican inspired twist on these, try adding a can of green chilies to the cream sauce!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making these pork chops, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
Here are a few ways to repurpose those leftovers and give them a delicious makeover!
- Quesadilla – One of my favorite ways to use up left over pork is to thinly slice it and put it inside of a tortilla with more cheese.
- Smothered Bowl – If you have never had a smothered bow, you are missing out! Try using your leftover baked creamy garlic pork chops in a bowl with rice and broccoli. Add a little extra cheesy sauce or alfredo sauce for a really delicious bite!
- Pork and Egg Noodles– Think beef stroganoff but with pork! By adding these leftovers to egg noodles, you can have a whole other complete dinner.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my quick dinner recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken – One of our most loved recipes on the site! Equally as simple and delicious as these pork chops.
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing – This is the perfect one pot meal that you can dump in the crock pot and move on with your day.
- Easy Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatloaf – This twist on a classic meatloaf is a crowd favorite with gooey cheddar cheese and the classic ketchup topping.
- Crockpot Tuscan Chicken – For a little twist on a cheesy chicken, this Tuscan style chicken brings classic Italian flavor to dinner with this easy and delicious recipe.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Baked Creamy Garlic Pork Chops
- 2.5 pounds boneless pork chops about 1 inch thick
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper and place them in a single layer in a large casserole dish (9×13). Place a large spoonful of the garlic cheese mixture on each pork chop.Finish with mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are cooked though- 145˚F internal temperature.Optional- broil for the last 1-2 minutes to get a beautiful browned color on the edges of your cheese.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve warm. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment