This quick easy weeknight meal comes together in just a few minutes! BBQ Chicken Flautas are one of our go to meals that the kids are sure to love. You can use BBQ chicken made in the crockpot or leftovers to make this meal even easier.
Easy and Delicious BBQ Chicken Flautas
When you think of flautas the first thing that comes to mind is not BBQ flavored. This recipe may not be traditional but it is super tasty. My kids love the taste of barbecue sauce so anything with it is a hit.
The next time we made our favorite Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, I knew the fate of the leftovers was a big dish of flautas. These were a hit from the second they left the oven.
This is also a hit made with our Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork.
What to serve with BBQ Chicken Flautas
This dish is full of the great flavors we all love. You can go with traditional sides that pair well with barbecue sauce or go for the Mexican route. These are a few of our favorite sides to pair with BBQ Chicken Flautas.
- Crock Pot Black Beans
- Refried Beans
- Rice- We love jasmine rice or Mexican rice.
- Side Salad with Ranch
- Cowboy Baked Beans
- Pico de Gallo and Chips
- Mexican Street Corn Casserole
- Broccoli Slaw
If you have another side that you love, please leave me a note in the comments so I can try it out next time we make these!
Tips and Tricks for Making BBQ Chicken Flautas
I love making these flautas on busy weeknights. I am going to walk through some tips here to hopefully answer any questions that might arise while making the BBQ Chicken Flautas. You can find a full, printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the bbq chicken, corn, black beans, and cheese.
- Spoon the mixture down the center of each tortilla, then lightly roll seam side down and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the lower rack for 10-15 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned on the top and bottom.
- Remove and serve warmed with your choice of dipping sauce.
FAQ’s for BBQ Chicken Flautas
Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour?
Yes, you can substitute corn tortillas for flour in this recipe. Keep a few things in mind though. First, many flour tortillas are generally smaller than flour tortillas. If you move to a smaller tortilla you will need more tortillas.
Is there a gluten free option?
You could use gluten free corn tortillas, and make sure that the BBQ pulled chicken you use is also gluten free. That would make these into a gluten free meal.
How do I store the leftovers?
You can keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
You will need to reheat these in the oven or in a skillet on the stovetop to get them crispy again.
If you do get a chance to try these BBQ Chicken Flautas, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
More BBQ Chicken Recipes
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F
- Mix the BBQ chicken, cheese, corn, and black beans.
- Spoon the mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Then tightly roll and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the lower oven rack for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned on top and bottom.
- Remove and serve warm with your choice of dipping sauces.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.