This 3 Cheese Baked Chicken couldn’t be easier! With only 7 ingredients including three kinds of cheese and a secret ingredient, this dish is loaded with flavor along with creamy, cheesy goodness. It is fast, simple, and incredibly delicious!
This post is sponsored by Unilever and Operation in Touch. All tips and recipes are cooked up right here at Easy Family Recipes.
Cheesy Baked Chicken – The EASY Way!
If your family loves extra cheesy dinners, then you are going to want to put this meal on repeat!
Not only does it have 3 kinds of cheese, but it only uses a handful of pantry ingredients, takes minutes to prep, and cooks in just ONE dish!
That way you can:
- Spend LESS time cooking.
- Spend LESS time cleaning.
- Spend MORE time with your family!
This recipe is even being featured on the Operation In Touch Meal Solutions page where they provide quick, delicious recipe ideas for military families. As a military spouse myself, this opportunity to contribute is a special honor!
Make sure to check the Meal Solutions Page for more quick, easy, and delicious dinner ideas like this one!
Operation in Touch serves the military community every day as a source for savings, promotions, and recipes and tips, as well as all the latest deals at your commissary. Additionally, Unilever is donating to Camp4Heroes, a sanctuary helping wounded veterans find their purpose.
What to Serve with 3 Cheese Chicken
Since this dish has the classic comforting cheesy flavors, it will pair well with many of your favorite every day side dishes. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
Side Dish Ideas
- Roasted Vegetables
- Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Southern Squash Casserole
- Garlic Green Beans
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a wholesome, well rounded dinner.
This Baked Chicken recipe is as simple as promised! Just 7 everyday ingredients for a family friendly meal.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use when making this recipe to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
- Thin chicken breasts– Using thin chicken breasts helps this dish to cook more quickly and evenly, making the chicken stay extra tender and juicy!
- Cream cheese– This gives the dish its creaminess and provides tons of flavor. I generally use original cream cheese, but you can also substitute light.
- Cheddar cheese– You can use sharp, medium or mild in this dish. I like sharp because you get the most flavor, using a smaller amount of cheese, but if you prefer medium or mild cheddar, those also work well.
- Monterey jack cheese– This gives a great complimentary flavor to the cheddar and really makes this dish all come together!
- Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise – Our secret ingredient! The Hellmann’s Mayonnaise is essential because it aids the texture of the creamy topping, binding all together and helping the cheesy topping to become more spreadable. You don’t use a ton, but it is absolutely essential to this recipe.
Hellmann’s is not only my favorite mayo, but also America’s #1 mayonnaise. It is made with real, simple ingredients: eggs, oil and vinegar. Hellmann’s Real products are made with cage-free eggs and is rich in Omega 3-ALA.
- Garlic– a little fresh garlic ups the flavor and perfectly compliments the cheeses.
- Salt and pepper– this is just used to season the chicken breast to taste.
Either of these make a great garnish to top of the dish. They add a pop of color and a little extra flavor boost, but are optional if you are short on time.
- Green onions
- Use thin chicken breasts– In case you didn’t catch it above, this recipe is designed to be made with thin chicken breasts. This allows everything to cook evenly and the chicken to remain tender and juicy.
You can buy thin chicken breasts, or make them by cutting chicken breasts horizontally into 2-3 thin pieces, or pounding it out with a meat mallet.
- Use a big enough dish– Use a dish that allows for all of the chicken pieces to sit flat in the dish so they are not over crowded. This allows them to cook most evenly, get the most cheesy flavor, and helps any extra liquid to cook off more effectively.
- How long should chicken breast cook? The #1 key to perfectly baked tender juicy chicken is not over cooking the chicken. Chicken should be cooked to 165˚F, rather than a certain time, since that will vary based on the size of the chicken breast, dish, and oven.
Once it starts to get above 165˚F the chicken will become more dry and tough to chew. The best way to ensure this is using a meat thermometer.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Spicy– If you love a little kick, try substituting pepper jack for the Monterey jack cheese. This will add a little kick. For even more spice, you can garnish with fresh jalapeño slices.
- Italian– For a delicious Italian cheese twist, substitute mozzarella for the cheddar, and Parmesan for the Monterey jack cheese, then proceed as directed.
- Ranch– For a new flavor, try adding one tablespoon of ranch seasoning into the cream cheese mixture.
Baked Chicken Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making this cheesy chicken recipe, then it is your lucky day! They save and reheat well, and can make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, separate into meal sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days
- in the freezer up to a month
Here are a few ways to repurpose those leftovers and give them a delicious makeover!
- 3 Cheese Chicken Paninis– Spread a thin layer of Hellmann’s Mayonnaise on the outside of two slices of French bread. Chop or slice leftover 3 Cheese Chicken. On the inside, spread each slice with the cheese mixture and add chopped or sliced chicken. Press in a panini press until golden on each side. You can also grill over medium heat in a skillet on each side until golden.
- 3 Cheese Chicken Stuffed Peppers– Chop the leftovers of the 3 Cheese Chicken. Mix equal parts chicken with prepared rice. Stuff the mixture into bell pepper halves with the seeds and ribs removed. Top with extra cheese. Bake in a large baking dish covered for 25-35 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through. Add a new twist, by mixing in crispy crumbled bacon.
- Million Dollar Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes- Prepare baked potatoes. Split open and season with salt and pepper. Chop leftover 3 Cheese Chicken and stuff inside the potato. Top with cheese and extra bacon and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese on top is melted and the filling is heated through. Top with sour cream and extra bacon and green onions.
More EASY Dinner Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can so many quick and easy recipe ideas on the Operation in Touch Meal Solutions page , or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- 2 lbs chicken breast, thin
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onions
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F
- In a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, half of the monterey jack cheese, Hellmann's mayonnaise, and garlic together until combined.
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture over top and finish by sprinkling the remaining cheddar and monterey jack over evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature)
- Garnish with chopped parsley or green onions and serve hot!