One of my favorite dishes is Chicken Parmesan, but the calories sways me away. This Low Carb Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken is just like the original with half of the calories. This recipe is full of creamy goodness. Your family will not even know the difference when you serve this for dinner. Garlic Parmesan Chicken is quick and easy and sure to please even your pickiest eater.
Low Carb Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken
I get my recipe inspiration while I am on vacation trying delicious food. This recipe inspiration comes from a cute little recipe we ate at a while we were living in Rhode Island. I love chicken and garlic so this was a perfect recipe for me. Once I tasted this dish I knew I had to figure out how to make it on my own.
My kids love this dish and we make it pretty frequently. I love how this chicken is so tender and creamy, you won’t even miss the carbs.
What to serve with Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Chicken
To keep this dish low carb I will share some of my favorites but you could also add traditional side dishes like mashed potatoes or pasta for your kids and husband.
Low Carb side dishes:
- Mashed Cauliflower- Mash up your cauliflower and you will not even know they are not mashed potatoes.
- Cauliflower Rice- I sautéed the cauliflower with some olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Zoodles- Zucchini or carrot noodles are great for this dish
- Side Salad- I love salads, just mix up your favorite veggies and top with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Spaghetti Squash- I love roasted spaghetti squash. One squash makes a large amount so you will have leftovers for the whole week.
- Sautéed Spinach- See my 5 minute Sautéed Spinach recipe here.
If you have a favorite serving idea that I missed, please let me (and all of our readers) know in the comments so we can try it out too!
Tips and Tricks to Making Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Chicken
The BEST part about this recipe is that it is really super simple! You can find the FULL RECIPE card below, but here I am going to walk through a few tips, tricks and frequently asked questions so that you can get the most out of this recipe!
- Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt & pepper, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and mix well.
- I like to use the shredded parmesan cheese instead of the powdered parmesan cheese.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Spread the cheese mixture over the chicken, sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 25-35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
Can I use chicken thighs, chicken tenderloins, or other cuts of chicken in this dish?
Yes! This dish will work well with a variety of cuts, so feel free to use your favorite boneless, skinless cut. If you do change the type of meat used in the recipe it will most likely change the time it needs to cook. To ensure your dish is done, use a meat thermometer and cook to 165˚F.
Can I use fat free or low fat sour cream or cream cheese?
I would recommend that you do not. The fat free ingredients will not cook the same as the regular fat ingredients. You can use low fat cream cheese or neufchatel cheese in place of the original cream cheese and low fat sour cream or greek yogurt in place of the original sour cream with a good result.
There was a lot of liquid after cooking the chicken. Is this normal?
Chicken will generally release liquid as it cooks. First, check your chicken labels to make sure your chicken has not been enhanced with salt and water to make it look more plump. This is very common. Higher quality chicken that has not been treated in these methods will have less liquid. That said, I use regular old family packs of chicken from the supermarket every day and you can still get a great result.
Second, make sure your chicken is not stuffed into your pan. Giving your chicken room to breath will help some of the liquid cook off.
You can always drain the juices our of the dish when it gets done cooking. Be careful because it will be very hot.
This dish wasn’t done when I took it our of the oven, what did I do wrong?
The baking time can vary based on the thickness of your chicken and the size of your dish. This recipe works best with thin cuts of chicken, so if your chicken breasts are normal to thick, I always recommend slicing them in half so they are half the thickness unless they are small to begin with. Also, ensure that your baking dish is roomy enough. You don’t want it packed in tight or it will take longer to cook.
How do I store leftover Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Chicken
If you have leftovers I like to put the chicken in meal prep container and eat it for lunches.
To store leftovers, place the chicken in an airtight container and:
- refrigerate for up to 3-4 days
- freeze for up to a month
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up.
More Easy One Dish Chicken Recipes
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Low Carb Keto Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (see note)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mozarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese divided into 2 half cups
- Combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a large baking dish. Spread the cheese mixture over the chicken, then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese, and remaining 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375˚F for 25-35 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- This recipe works best when the chicken breast is relatively thin. If you have normal to thick chicken breasts I recommend cutting them in half so they are half the thickness. You can also cut the chicken in strips, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment