These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes are a fast and filling dinner. Tender baked potatoes are stuffed with tangy buffalo sauce, tender chicken, ranch dressing and of course cheese for a dinner packed with delicious flavor.
Quick and Easy Stuffed Baked Potatoes
These potatoes are perfect for those busy weeknights when you are not sure what to make. You can use leftovers from the Crockpot Buffalo Chicken, or toss shredded or rotisserie chicken with buffalo sauce, based on what you have on hand.
One of my favorite recipes is Crockpot Buffalo Chicken. Every time I make this recipe, I make sure to leave enough chicken to make Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes. I love to remake dishes into multiple meals throughout the week. This makes my life a little easier and dinners are a breeze on those busy nights.
That my friends is winning at dinner time! Making one meal and using it twice in two different ways to make two unique meals!
How to Make Baked Potatoes
This recipe uses 4 baked potatoes. To prepare the baked potatoes you can use whatever method you prefer or fits your schedule best! For each method I like to:
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes and pat dry, before starting
- Pierce them 2-3 times with a fork
- Butter the potatoes, season with coarse salt
Then continue as directed. The cooking times below are for a small-medium potato. If you have large potatoes the cook time could increase.
- Crock Pot: Wrap potatoes in foil and cook them on high for 4-5 hours in the crock pot or until they are fork tender.
- Oven:This is the most traditional way and generally comes out with a great result. Wrap the potatoes in foil individually and them place them in the oven at 435˚F for 50-65 minutes or until fork tender.
- Pressure Cooker/ Instant Pot: The Instant Pot is my all time favorite way to make baked potatoes fast! See instructions for how to make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot here!
- Microwave: Do NOT wrap in foil. Instead place potatoes in a microwave safe dish, then loosely cover with paper towel or lid and cook on high for 5 minutes, turn over and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Check for fork tenderness.
Baked potatoes also save well, so if you know you are going to be in a time crunch for dinner, you can make the potatoes ahead of time and reheat when it is time to make the meal.
Tips & Tricks to Making Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes
This recipe is super easy and simple on those busy weeknights. It is easy as promised, but I am going to walk through a few tips with you to answer any questions that may come up along the way!
- Take your baked potatoes and cut the down the center. Place butter inside the potatoes and fluff. Fill the potatoes with crockpot buffalo chicken.
- You can also use any chicken you have on hand just add buffalo sauce to the chicken.
- Top with cheddar cheese. I like to use sharp cheddar because of the flavor but you could use any cheese that is your favorite.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing, crumbled blue cheese, and green onions or customize with your favorite toppings. If you prefer you can use our homemade Blue Cheese Dressing in place of the ranch.
You can also add any toppings that you feel with go well with buffalo chicken. We have topped with chopped onions, broccoli, caramelized onions, herbs, sour cream, or any other topping you desire.
FAQ’s for Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten free. Make sure to check the labels of all of your ingredients to ensure they are gluten free.
How do I store BBQ Stuffed Potato leftovers?
You can place the baked potatoes in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days. You can re-heat the potatoes in the microwave after removing the aluminum foil.
I hope this easy recipe is as loved by your family as it is by mine. If you do get a chance to try it and enjoy it, I would love to hear about it! Nothing makes me happier than hearing others make and love the recipes I share. You can leave a comment below or if you share a photo on Instagram, make sure and tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so I can see your creations!
One last thing before I go… If you are like me and feel like you need a regular stream of recipe inspiration, I would love it if you signed up to get the Easy Family Recipes email newsletter where I share what I am cooking and some new recipes that I have loved. You can sign up here or by clicking the button below.
More Delicious Baked Potato Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Chicken Broccoli Baked Potatoes
- Best Ever Baked Potato Soup – Rave reviews from readers!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Buffalo Chicken Baked Potatoes
- Split the baked potatoes down the middle, add 1/2 tbsp butter and fluff them with a fork.
- Stuff potato with 1/2 cup buffalo chicken, then top with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400˚F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the potato is heated through.
- Top Buffalo Chicken stuffed baked potatoes with a drizzle of ranch, crumbled blue cheese, and chopped green onions
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)