These easy Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups are SO DELICIOUS! They combine the tangy flavor of buffalo sauce with ranch, tender chicken, cream cheese, and cheddar for a combination that is hard to stop eating. These Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups make a perfect party appetizer since they are bite sized, but you can also pack them up for lunch or a quick snack. Any way you serve them, keep the recipe handy because these are sure to be a favorite!
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups Recipe
You know sometimes when you make something, and of course you think it will be good, but then you eat it and it is just unexpectedly delicious? Yeah, this is that recipe!
We really love Buffalo chicken around here. We love this super delicious buffalo chicken casserole and even a healthy buffalo chicken salad, but this time I needed something I could put out when guests were here that was a little more portable than dip. I figured why not take our favorite flavor and put it in a tortilla roll up?!
Well I did, and it was delicious!
The great thing about these is that you can really make them more or less spicy by adjusting the buffalo sauce. Then when you combine it with the cream cheese, ranch and other ingredients, it goes from just buffalo chicken to an over the top amazing appetizer. Even my sweet friend who is not usually the biggest fan of buffalo flavored things went back for more and asked what made these so good!
Make sure you check out some of my other appetizers like this Greek Layer Dip and my Sun Dried Tomato Wraps here!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
This is a super simple recipe you can whip up in just a few minutes, no matter your level of experience in the kitchen. I am going to walk through a bit of the recipe with you here to hopefully answer any more specific questions you may have. Feel free to jump down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups Ingredients
- 4 12″ tortillas- You can use bigger or smaller tortillas depending on how you want to serve them.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened- You can use light or neufanchel cheese to lower the fat
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast- I love to use leftover rotisserie chicken but you can use any leftover chicken or cook a couple of chicken breasts and shred them up just for this!
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese- Sharp helps give the most flavor with the least amount of cheese. If you don’t have sharp on hand you can substitute mild or mexican blend.
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce- This is the amount I use in these. I think it gives a lot of flavor and just a little kick without making it overwhelmingly spicy. You can add more or less buffalo sauce based on how spicy you like your food.
- 1 tbsp dry ranch seasoning – You can use the Hidden Valley Ranch mix found on the dressing aisle at the store, or you can use this homemade ranch seasoning. This is just enough to give the whole mixture some extra flavor and really make the flavors shine.
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups Instructions
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, chicken, cheddar cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch seasoning until combined. To get the best result, make sure the cream cheese is nice and soft before you mix everything. If the cream cheese is still cold it will not combine well. If you haven’t softened it, you can microwave it for 15-30 second increments, stirring in between, until it is smooth and creamy.
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture on each tortilla and spread into a thin layer over the entire tortilla. If you use a different sized tortilla, you may end up with more or less than 4 wraps, but they can be made the same way otherwise.
Start at one end and roll snugly until you get to the other end. Then wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes-1 hour or until it firms up slightly. This will help the flavors all combine and the pinwheel hold it’s shape. I like to make these up to a couple of hours in advance of serving. I prefer to make them fresh and not refrigerate over night so that the tortilla doesn’t take in too much moisture.
- Cut the ends from the roll up to make it even, and then cut it into 1 inch pieces. Serve immediately, or chill until serving. Optional: Serve with our homemade Blue Cheese Dressing for dipping!
I really hope that you get a chance to make these Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups and that your family and friends enjoy them as much as mine do!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- 4 tortillas 12 inch
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce more or less to spice preference
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, chicken, cheddar cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch seasoning until combined.
- Spread 1/4 of the mixture on each tortilla and spread into a thin layer over the entire tortilla. Start at one end and roll snugly until you get to the other end. Then wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes-1 hour or until it firms up slightly.
- Cut the ends from the roll up to make it even, and then cut it into 1 inch pieces. Serve immediately, or chill until serving. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment