This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken is one of my families favorite go to meals! This recipe is so versatile and there are so many different ways you can serve it. This meal only takes a few ingredients to put together, place them in your slow cooker, and you have delicious creamy ranch chicken. Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken can be served by itself, but is super delicious in meals like tacos, pizza toppings, on salads, sandwiches, wraps, and so much more. This crockpot chicken is delicious, makes enough to feed a large crowd, and it also fits many dietary needs.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe
Ranch is one of our favorite flavors in our house. I often use dry ranch mix to season my recipes. And the great thing is, it goes well with almost anything and also can be made into almost an endless number of dishes so that you can please just about everyone in the family! This dish is not spicy and your kids will gobble it right up.
This recipe is one of my favorites to have on hand because I can use the chicken in so many different ways throughout the week. It’s great to grab for lunch on top of a salad, use for meal prep, or use in a variety of dishes for dinner.
For more easy chicken recipes, make sure to check out my shredded chicken ideas here and my easy baked chicken ideas here!
How to Serve Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
When your chicken has finished cooking and your have shredded it, there are lots of different ways to serve it. You can serve it with traditional sides or make it low carb and gluten free for all dietary needs.
Ways to Serve Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- Over Rice- This would be super tasty with Rice Pilaf, or Jasmine Rice, Or Quinoa
- With Roasted Butternut Squash
- Ranch Smashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- On top of Baked Potatoes
- In a taco shell
- As the meat topper in Nachos
Low Carb Serving Options for Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- On Top of a Salad
- Sautéed Spinach
- Over Cauliflower Rice
- With Spaghetti Squash
- Over Zoodles- Spiralized zucchini
- Roasted Vegetables
Sides to Serve with Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- Roasted Vegetables
- Broccoli Slaw
- Antipasto Salad
Let me know in the comments if you have any serving ideas that you love that I missed. I would love to give it a try next time I make it.
How to Make Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
This recipe is super simple and easy. Even the most inexperienced in the kitchen can put this together and have it turn out beautifully. I will share a couple of tips here I use to get the best result preparing the chicken, but make sure and hop down to get the full recipe in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Q: What kind of ranch should I use?
A: You can use Hidden Valley Ranch mix or my homemade Ranch Seasoning. If you are gluten free or dairy free you will want to use my homemade recipe.
Q: How long do I cook the Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken in the crockpot?
A: I recommend cooking the chicken on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. You can cook it longer on a low but if you cook the chicken too long the texture will change a bit. Chicken can be a bit dry if you cook it too long.
Q: How do I shred the chicken?
A: My favorite way of shredding chicken after cooking it is with my hand mixer. It is so easy and takes about a minute to shred. You can also use a fork if you prefer.
Q: Can I make this chicken dairy free?
A: I have another recipe for Pulled Ranch Chicken that is a great dairy free (non-creamy) alternative.
Q: How do I freeze Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken?
A: You can freeze this chicken in an air tight container for up to one month. You can also store the leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Leftover Meal Ideas for Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
I love this chicken because you can add it to so many different recipes as the main protein. This chicken is fine by itself but adds extra flavor when added to a few of my favorite recipes:
- Ranch Chicken Tacos– Change up your taco night by using ranch chicken.
- Ranch Chicken Chopped Salad– I love a good salad, loaded with veggies. Chop up some of your favorite veggies, add a hard boiled egg, cheese, ranch chicken, bacon and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Ranch Chicken Pita– Place your chicken on top of pita bread, add lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and feta, and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Ranch Chicken Burrito Bowls– This is my favorite way when serving a large crowd. Pile all of your options inside a bowl. I usually use romaine lettuce, black beans, rice, cheddar cheese, diced pepper, corn, avocado and of course top with ranch chicken drizzled with ranch dressing.
- Bacon Ranch Stuffed Baked Potatoes– Place chicken, cheese, bacon on top of a baked potato. Broil for a few minutes to get to toppings crispy. Then top with a dollop of sour cream. YUM!
This should get you started with some really great ideas! And if you need some ranch dressing to drizzle over the top of these dishes, my homemade ranch is easy to make. Also I have a dairy free ranch too for those sensitive to dairy or on a Whole30 diet.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning or two tbsp homemade ranch seasoning, 1/2 tsp reserved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Pour the chicken broth into the crock pot. Lay the chicken breast on top, then top with the ranch seasoning. Cover and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- At the end of the cook time, remove the chicken and shred it. Drain the broth, reserving 1/4 cup of the broth.
- Place the shredded chicken, the reserved ranch seasoning and broth, and cream cheese back into the crock pot and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve on top of rice, in pita pockets, stuffed in baked potatoes, or any of the other ideas mentioned in this post!
- This recipe can be doubled. Cooking time may increase.
- To store leftovers, put in an airtight container and :
- Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days
- Freeze for up to a month
- Dietary Considerations:
- If you are gluten free, use homemade ranch seasoning and ensure the chicken broth you choose is gluten free.
- This is a naturally low carb meal.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment