Garlic Cheese Bread is the perfect mixture of butter, garlic, herbs and a delicious mix of cheese. My family was asking for seconds before they even finished their first piece. This bread is a crowd pleaser and easy to make.
Delicious Garlic Cheese Bread
I really like garlic bread… well lets just face it I love bread… but I really love cheesy bread. After eating some super delicious cheesy bread at an Italian restaurant I wanted to come home and recreate my own version. And that’s just what I did.
This bread has just the right amount of spices and flavors mixed with butter, lots of garlic and topped off with cheese. All of my favorite things in one piece of bread.
How to Serve Easy Garlic Cheese Bread
This garlic bread is best when served immediately out of the oven. It is not as good once it has cooled. You can always put it back in the oven on the top rack to heat it up if it cools.
I like to cut each side of my bread up into six pieces. That gives everyone a nice hearty slice to eat.
How to Make Garlic Cheese Bread
This recipe is really simple, but there are a few little tips and tricks I can lend you to get the absolute best garlic bread out there! You can read through my notes here, and get the FULL recipe at the bottom of this post.
- Cut the loaf of French bread in half length-wise.
- You will want to get French or Italian bread for this recipe. It will work better than a baguette.
- When cutting the bread in half try to get it cut as evenly as possible so that it will cook evenly in the oven. If one side it higher than another, it will get browned more quickly on the high points.
- Mix the butter, salt, garlic, oregano, basil and thyme until throughly combined. Spread the mixture evenly on the bread.
- Make sure your butter is nice and soft for this recipe. If it is not soft it will not combine well and the flavor of the herbs will not infuse through.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes or until the butter is melted and the edges are starting to brown.
- Use the broil setting on your oven to cook the bread. Broil is different than bake because it uses only the top element at a high heat which keeps the bottom and middle softer on the bread.
- Keep a close eye on the bread. When broiling the oven will get very hot and the bread can go from white to burnt in seconds.
- Remove from the oven and top with cheese, return to the oven to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!!
How to Store Leftover for Cheesy Garlic Bread
Cheesy garlic bread can be stored in an air tight container after it is cooled for up to one week in the refrigerator.
You can reheat the bread by placing it in the oven at 350 degrees for for 5-8 minutes. Do not use the microwave because it will make the bread rubbery.
Great Dinner Ideas to Pair with Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
- Easy Italian Sausage Tortellini
- Ground Turkey Baked Ziti
- Million Dollar Spaghetti
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- Cut the loaf of french bread in half length-wise.
- Mix the butter, garlic, salt, oregano, basil, and thyme until throughly combined. Spread half of the mixture on the cut side of each piece of bread.
- Bake at 425˚F for 5 minutes or until the butter is melted and the edges are starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top with the cheeses, then return to the oven for an additional 3 minutes.
- Slice each side into 6 pieces and serve warm. Enjoy!