These 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies are rich, fudgy, gooey, and delicious…and yes, they really are just made with 3 ingredients! Nutella, flour, and eggs are combined until smooth, then baked into the most mouthwatering, chocolatey, melt-in-your-mouth brownies. Just 5 minutes of prep needed!
Nutella is one of those magic ingredients that can be used in so many different ways. Spread on toast, served over pancakes, mixed into oatmeal, eaten straight out of the jar by the spoonful…
But did you know that you could use Nutella to make the easiest batch of brownies you’ll ever get your hands on?
These 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies are made with the simplest ingredient list: flour, eggs, and Nutella. Those three pantry staples are mixed until smooth, then spread into a baking dish and baked until deliciously fudgy, amazingly dense, and topped with the perfect crinkly brownie crust.
These brownies are incredible fresh out of the oven, but can also be frozen to preserve their freshness! They’re super simple, super easy, and a total winner of a recipe if you love the flavor of Nutella!
Serve on their own or enjoy with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Why I LOVE this recipe!
- Quick and easy – Just 5 minutes of hands-on time needed before you’re popping your brownie pan into the oven.
- 3 Ingredients – Dessert doesn’t get much easier than three super simple ingredients.
- Perfect texture – The Nutella and egg make these brownies so incredibly gooey, chocolatey, and moist.
- Freezes beautifully – If you’re not serving these fresh out of the oven, you can keep them perfectly fresh by storing them in the freezer!
This Nutella brownie recipe is as simple as promised! Just 3 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep for an amazingly delicious dessert.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use for how to make fudgy Nutella brownies to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
Ingredients + Substitutions
- Nutella – You can grab a jar of Nutella at the grocery store or use any generic brand of chocolate hazelnut spread.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour does the trick.
- Eggs – You’ll need 3 large eggs for this recipe. These bind the brownies together and create the fudgiest texture!
Make sure to see the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the full quantities and ingredients list.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Nutella Brownies with Nuts – Try adding some nutty crunch to your brownies with a handful of chopped walnuts, pecans, peanuts, almonds, or even hazelnuts to tie in the Nutella.
- Frosted Nutella Brownies – Add another layer of delicious sweetness by topping your cooled Nutella brownies off with your favorite frosting! Try chocolate frosting, vanilla frosting, or my delicious homemade buttercream frosting.
- Make Chocolate Chip Nutella Brownies – Try mixing in a handful of your favorite variety of chocolate chips for some extra texture.
Recipe Step by Step
I am going to highlight a few key steps in the recipe here, but make sure to jump down to the recipe card for comprehensive instructions on how to make easy brownies with Nutella.
- Step 1– In a medium mixing bowl, combine all three of the ingredients. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture to a greased or lined 8×8 baking pan, then use a spatula to spread it evenly into the pan.
- Step 3– Bake the brownies in a preheated oven at 375ºF until a toothpick comes out clean, then cool, cut, and serve.
- Grease or line the baking pan – You can coat the baking pan in a light layer of cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Either one works! This prevents the brownies from sticking to the pan as they bake.
- 8×8 vs 9×9 – I usually use an 8×8 square baking pan for this brownie recipe, but if all you have is a 9×9 that will work too! Keep in mind, though, that the brownies will be thinner and therefore will bake more quickly!
- Do not over-bake! – These brownies are deliciously fudgy and amazing, but can quickly become dry and flavorless if they are over-baked. Keep a close eye on them and check them early to make sure you’re pulling them out of the oven at the perfect time.
- Check for doneness – To check that your brownies are done, simply insert a toothpick into the very center. If it comes out clean, then they’re good to go.
Freezer Meal Instructions
Freezing these Nutella brownies is simple and can help you to enjoy them even weeks after baking! Follow the steps below and you can store this recipe in the freezer for up to 6 months.
How to Freeze Nutella Brownies
- Bake the brownies as directed, then let them cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut them into squares and store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
- Place them in the freezer and store them for up to a month.
- When you’re ready to serve, thaw overnight in the fridge, then enjoy.
Nutella Brownies Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making this recipe, then it is your lucky day! Although, they don’t save well on the counter, you can freeze the 3 ingredient Nutella Brownies to keep them fresh as the day you made them!
To save leftovers, cut into individual sized portions and then place in an airtight container and store:
- in the freezer up to a month
The difference between a cakey brownie and a fudgy brownie is all in the ratio of wet to dry ingredients. Thankfully, the Nutella and eggs in this recipe contribute immensely to the overall fudginess of the brownies! The flour is there to just give them their structure.
To ensure that your brownies are perfectly moist and fudgy, I recommend spooning the flour into a measuring cup and gently leveling it off with your finger. This prevents it from getting too packed in, which can cause over-measuring!
Freeze them! A key thing to note about these Nutella brownies is that they really don’t store well at room temperature or even in the fridge. For longer storage, your best bet is to freeze them. This preserves their fresh-out-of-the-oven freshness for up to a month!
More EASY Chocolate Dessert Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my easy dessert recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite recipes below.
- 1½ cups Nutella
- ¾ all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until smooth by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan, or line with parchment paper. Spread the brownie mixture in the pan so it is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Try to avoid over baking to keep the brownies chewy and moist.
- Cut brownies into 9 large brownies, or 12 regular sized brownies.