Chicken Salad with Grapes is a DELICIOUS and wholesome meal! This greek yogurt salad is absolutely perfect for sandwiches, salad toppings, or eating with crackers or veggies. Packed with chicken, celery, grapes, and a tangy but sweet greek yogurt dressing, this salad is sure to make your mouth water. Greek Yogurt chicken salad recipe is easy to make, light enough to not weigh you down, but full of protein to keep you full throughout the day. This recipe is gluten free, low carb and perfect to bring to any potluck or brunch you have.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Recipe
Every time I attend a shower or party there is always chicken salad sandwiches. I LOVE chicken salad and have made it in about 100 different ways, you can see many of my chicken salad recipes here! I wanted to recreate my own version that was just a tad bit healthier and used greek yogurt in place of other things. I love the taste of greek yogurt and eat it almost daily.
By substituting greek yogurt in this recipe for mayonnaise, we are able to cut the calories and fat in this recipe to lighten it up tremendously, but still enjoy all of the delicious flavors packed into the chicken salad.
If you are worried that the richness from the mayo is going to be missing, it’s not. This recipe is just like the classic chicken salad but better! I eat it all the time and I don’t even feel guilty because the calories are a lot less using greek yogurt.
Make sure to see all of my Healthy Chicken Recipeshere if you are looking for new lunch, dinner or meal prep ideas!
How to Serve Chicken Salad with Grapes
What I love about chicken salad is all the different ways you can serve it. You can eat it by itself for a quick dose of protein. Here are a few of my favorite sides:
Classic Ways to Serve Chicken Salad
- Sandwich– Some of my favorite breads for sandwiches are croissant, whole wheat bread, Hawaiian rolls, rye bread, slices of baguette, and crusty bread.
- Crackers- This is my ultimate favorite way to eat chicken salad. I take a handful of crackers and bowl of Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. My favorite crackers to eat this with are multigrain. They have a delicious flavor and crunch to them.
- Stuffed Tomato- Hollow out a tomato and fill it with chicken salad.
- Wraps- I love making wraps and chicken salad is perfect for this. I usually load up the wrap with greens and salad, and it’s perfect for on the go lunches.
Low Carb Serving Ideas
- Salad- This is one of the healthiest ways to serve chicken salad. I like to pile up hearty serving of spring mix, and top it with chicken salad with grapes. No dressing needed because the chicken salad takes place of that.
- Stuffed Pepper- Hollow out a pepper and fill it with chicken salad. This gives the salad an extra crunch.
- Stuffed Avocado- I love avocados and any excuse to eat one, count me it. An avocado goes really well with this salad.
- Lettuce Wrap- This is one of my favorite go to healthy options. Wrap a helping of chicken salad in a lettuce leaf is perfect for on the go lunches that are low carb.
I hope that gives you some great options for serving your chicken salad. If you have a favorite serving suggestion that I missed, I would love for you to leave me a comment and let me know so I can try it out the next time I make this delicious chicken salad recipe.
How to make Chicken Salad with Grapes
The thing I love about making this salad is how easy and quick it is to make it. Combine the chicken, celery, onions, grapes, and almonds in a large bowl. Next, in a separate bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour them over the chicken mixture. Stir until well combined and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Can I use half greek yogurt and half mayonnaise?
Yes! This will extra an extra level of richness to your salad.
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes! This recipe is naturally gluten free but make sure you check your labels before buying your spices.
How do I store leftovers for Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad?
This Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad will keep in the refrigerator in an air tight container for 3-4 days and works well for meal prep. If you are making this for a brunch or potluck, I recommend making it the night before. This will give the flavors some time to marinate into the chicken.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. I like to have this in my fridge for quick lunches during the week.
If you do get a chance to make it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
- 3 chicken breasts shredded or chopped
- 1 cup celery finely chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 cup grapes quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup greek yogurt plain
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- .7 oz Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix 1 packet
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine the chicken, celery, green onions, grapes, almonds, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the greek yogurt, lemon juice, Italian dressing mix, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Pour the greek yogurt mixture over the chicken mixture and then toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour, then serve chilled. Enjoy!
- If you are gluten free, make sure to use the Homemade Italian Dressing Mix. Some Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mixes do contain Soy and Wheat products.