- 3 lb chuck Roast
- 6 oz bacon smoked flavor
- ½ cup pickle juice
- 4 tbsp ranch seasoning (or 2 Hidden Valley packets)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1½ lb baby potatoes red or gold
- 1 sweet yellow onion roughly diced
- 1.5 cups baby carrots
- fresh parsley chopped
- Place the potatoes, carrots and diced onion in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Trim any excess fat from the roast, then place it in the slow cooker and pour the pickle juice over it. Sprinkle and pat the ranch seasoning on all sides of the roast then place the butter on top cut into 4 pats.
- Lay the bacon strips over the roast and wrap the ends underneath it.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and set it to cook on low for 6-8+ hours.
- Once done, remove the roast and shred with 2 forks discarding any excess fat. Remove and discard the bacon -OR- break the bacon up and stir it into the roast as you shred the meat, depending on your preference.
- Remove the carrots, potatoes and onions from the slow cooker and place them in a large serving bowl.
- Mix 1 cup of the juices back into the shredded meat and then place the meat on top of the potatoes and carrots. Serve warm and enjoy!