- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 4 tbsp prepared pesto
- 2 roma tomatoes cut in 1/2" slices
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese cut in slices
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Spread 1 tbsp of pesto evenly on each chicken breast. Top with tomato slices and cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- If your chicken breasts are thick, I would recommend cutting them in half to make them thinner. You can also cut the chicken into chunks or use tenderloins. If you do cut the chicken or use tenderloins, the cooking time will probably be reduced.
- Caprese Chicken leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Dietary Considerations: This recipe is naturally gluten free low carb and friendly for low carb and keto diets. ©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.easyfamilyrecipes/caprese-chicken