- 2 lbs Chicken Breast boneless, skinless thin cutlets
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning (or 1 store bought packet)
- 1½ cups Salsa (thick preferred)
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced jalapeno
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Place the chicken breast in the bottom of a large baking dish.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning evenly over the chicken.
- Top with with salsa and cheese.
- Bake at 375˚F for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.)
Dietary ModificationsOptional for dairy free, whole30 and Paleo- Omit cheese and make as directed. To ensure this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, and Paleo, make sure to use homemade taco seasoning.
Freezer FriendlyThis recipe can be frozen before or after cooking.
- When freezing before cooking, the meal will last 3 months in the freezer.
- When freezing after cooking the Salsa Chicken is best used in 1 month.