- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 sweet yellow onion chopped
- 6 oz provolone cheese thinly sliced
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Fresh parsley chopped
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown the ground beef, onions, and bell pepper until the beef is cooked through and the onions and peppers are soft. Drain the fat and juices from the meat.
- Dice 4 oz (about 2/3) of the provolone cheese. Mix the diced provolone, softened cream cheese, milk, garlic powder, onion, powder, salt and pepper into the ground beef mixture.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and cover the top of the meat mixture with the remaining thinly sliced provolone cheese.
- Bake at 350˚F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Optional: turn the oven to broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese gets slightly browned and bubbly on top. Watch carefully so as not to burn the cheese!
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley if desired. Serve warm. Enjoy!