- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
For topping (optional):
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Mix softened enchilada sauce, cream cheese, and sour cream together until smooth.
- Place chicken breast flat in the casserole dish pour the sauce mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake uncovered at 375˚F for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is 165˚F internal temperature.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5-10 minutes, then top with desired toppings and serve warm.
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier and cooking quicker. Cooking time may be reduced and will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.