- 2 lbs boneless skinless, chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese shredded
- 3/4 lb poblano peppers about 2 peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Garnish optional
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Place the chicken breast flat in a casserole dish. Season the chicken with the garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and half of the monterey jack cheese then spread it evenly over the chicken. Top with the poblano pepper strips and then bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Then top with the remaining jack cheese and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp)
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
- It is important to slice the peppers thinly so that they can cook evenly in the casserole. You can also finely chop or dice them if you prefer.
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use other cuts of chicken in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be changed.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.