- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, about 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp taco or fajita seasoning use this homemade fajita seasoning for gluten free option
- 1 1/2 sweet bell peppers sliced (any combination or green, red, orange, yellow)
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion sliced
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish big enough where they aren't quite touching, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning evenly over them.
- Mix the bell peppers and onions and spread them evenly over the top and place the cheese over the top of the peppers and onions.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is done through (min of 165˚F in throughout.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot over rice, cauliflower rice, greens, or in tortillas.