- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 cup bbq sauce I like Sweet Baby Ray's
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Cover with barbecue sauce.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Once cooked (165˚F internal temp) use forks to shred the chicken and mix with the barbecue sauce.
- Place cream cheese on top of the cooked chicken. Replace lid on the crockpot and let it soften for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir in the cream cheese until combined.
To store leftovers, place in an airtight container:
- In the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In the freezer for up to a month.
Special Dietary Considerations:
- Gluten Free: This recipe is naturally gluten free, however make sure to check the BBQ sauce you choose to use to ensure it is gluten free as some are not.
- Low Carb: This recipe can be made low carb by using sugar-free barbecue sauce