- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into thin cutlets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 15 oz crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Place the onions and peppers in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the oregano, basil, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a single layer on top of the peppers and season with a couple pinches of the seasoning.
- Mix the crushed tomatoes, remaining seasonings, garlic, and vinegar together and pour over the top of the chicken to cover.
- Bake uncovered at 400˚F for 35 minutes. Then remove the dish and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top and finish cooking for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F) and the sauce is bubbling on the sides.