- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper roughly diced
- 1 cup corn (1 can drained)
- 10 oz ROTEL tomatoes with green chiles (1 can)
- 15 oz black beans (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup jasmine rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- fresh cilantro chopped
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- fresh lime
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet by cooking over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes. Once done, drain any excess grease.
- Add the green bell pepper, corn, black beans, ROTEL, broth, taco seasoning, and rice to the skillet and mix well. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top. Place the lid back on for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with your choice of fresh chopped cilantro, pico de gallo, sour cream, and fresh lime. Serve warm and enjoy!