- 8 lb Pork shoulder roast bone in
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce divided
- 1/2 cup Italian Dressing
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-3 tsp red pepper flakes OPTIONAL
- Season pork shoulder with salt, pepper, and garlic on all sides.
- Set pork in the crock pot. Pour 1 cup barbecue sauce, Italian Dressing, salt, and peppers over the top of the roast.
- Cover and set to cook on low for 8 hours. Once done, remove the roast, cover with foil, and let rest for 20 minutes. Drain the juice from the slow cooker into a bowl, and remove the fat from the top with a fat separator or by chilling then spooning it from the top, then set aside.
- Use forks and a carving knife, or insulated food gloves to pull the meat from the bones, discarding any fatty or undesirable pieces.
- Once the meat is pulled, mix it with 1.5 cups of juices and the remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce. You can add more juice or barbecue sauce as desired.