For the Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 bell peppers 1 red, 1 green
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
For the Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lb fettuccini
- Chop chicken into 1 in chunks. Place in a zip top bag with 1 tbsp of olive oil and cajun seasoning. Mix the chicken until all is coated with the seasoning. Let marinate, while you chop the bell pepper into bite sized pieces.
- Cook pasta per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and peppers to the skillet with the chicken in a single layer. If there is too much chicken for a single layer, work in batches. Let the chicken cook on the first side for 3-4 minutes without stirring, then use tongs to flip each piece over. Cook on the second side for 2 minutes, then add the pressed garlic, stir well, and cook for 1 additional minute or until cooked through (165˚F internal temp)
- Once the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the skillet and set set aside. In the skillet melt the butter with the seasoning over medium heat. Add the cream, cream cheese, and parmesan and whisk until the cheese is completely melted and bring the mixture to a rapid boil for one minute, then remove from heat.
- Toss the pasta, chicken and peppers with the sauce until coated. Sprinkle the green onions over the top of the pasta. Serve immediately. Enjoy!