- 12 eggs extra large
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups frozen hashbrowns thawed
- 1 lb pork sausage cooked
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked & crumbled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 4 green onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté the onion and bell pepper in the butter over medium heat until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the hashbrowns, sausage, onions, peppers, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic, and cream cheese until everything is evenly distributed. Then spread mixture in a greased 9x13" casserole dish and sprinkle the sausage over the top of mixture.
- Then whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour over the hashbrowns. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then remove from oven and top the casserole with the bacon crumbles, and return to finish baking 10-20 minutes or until the center springs back when you touched.
- To make this ahead of time, assemble casserole as directed except for bacon crumbles. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake as directed, except time will increase about 10-15 minutes total starting from cold.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation. ©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://easyfamilyrecipes.com/sausage-and-hash…akfast-casserole/ For more great easy dinner inspiration,sign up for our emails here!