- 1.5 lbs broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds salted
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sugar
- To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the broccoli, onion, craisins and dressing and toss to coat.
- Chill for 30 min-overnight. When ready to serve stir in the sunflower seeds and bacon and toss again gently to distribute. Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Leftovers of Broccoli Salad can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. If possible keep the sunflower seeds and bacon separate until serving.
- Sugar can be ommitted but the dressing will be much tangier. Using the sugar helps to cut the tartness of the vinegar and makes the dressing taste even better.
- If you are minimizing sugar, raisins can be substituted for craisins.