- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium green bell pepper finely diced
- 1/2 medium onion finely diced
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- For Garnish optional
- Fresh parsley
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic and stir to combine.
- In a large baking dish, place the chicken breasts flat on the bottom of the dish. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then spread the tomato mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 400˚F uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp) and the sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over pasta, greens, or rice. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.