- 4 sweet bell peppers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom finely chopped
- 2 cups riced cauliflower not cooked
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Sautè the onion, mushroom, and cauliflower rice and garlic over medium heat until soft. Add the ground turkey and Italian seasoning and and continue to cook, stirring and breaking up the meat until the meat is cooked. Add the marinara sauce, reserving 1 cup for the topping, and stir to combine.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers in a casserole dish, cut side up. If the peppers won't stand trim the bottom slightly to create a flat surface.
- Fill each pepper with 1/4 of the meat mixture and top with 1/4 cup sauce and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove foil and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- To serve, remove from casserole dish, garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and enjoy!