- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb thin asparagus stalks woody stem broken off
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnish optional
- Italian Parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper olive oil and sour cream.
- Chop the asparagus into bite sized pieces. Place the chicken breasts flat in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Place the asparagus over the chicken. Pour the lemon dressing over the whole dish. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165˚F). If the cheese starts to become brown, loosely cover with foil for the remaining cook time.
- Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.