- 8 small zucchini squash about 2-2.5 lbs
- 2 cups taco meat prepared- I use this to-die-for Homemade Taco Meat (see note for gluten free)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- dash salt & pepper
- For garnish optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the seeds using a melon baller. Place them on a baking sheet cut side up.
- Pile 1/4 cup meat inside the trough of each zucchini and top with 2 tbsp cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the zucchini becomes fork tender. If you prefer you can cook uncovered for half the time and loosely cover with foil at the end for the remaining time.
- Once they are done baking, dollop with a tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- To ensure these are gluten free and low carb make sure to use homemade taco seasoning (used in my taco meat recipe) or verify any prepared meat is gluten free.
- Feel free to use more or less of any ingredient in this recipe per your taste. It will be great with double the meat if you are a meat lover, or more veggies, or other toppings like guacamole and salsa.
- Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation. ©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/taco-zucchini-boats/ For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!