- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup Milo's Famous Sweet Tea
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Optional- For sandwiches
- 6 sandwich buns
- 6 leaves butter lettuce
- Combine the barbecue sauce, sweet tea, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and whisk until smooth. Divide the sauce in half (roughly 3/4 cup each.)
- Trim the chicken and lay flat in the slow cooker. Pour one half of the sauce over the chicken, then top with thinly sliced onions.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Once done, remove the chicken and strain the onions out of the broth, Shred the chicken and combine with the onions and remainder of the sauce.
- Serve by itself, or on buns with a leaf of butter lettuce. Enjoy!