- 12 corn tortillas
- Cilantro for garnish
For the chicken:
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce
- 6 oz pineapple juice (1 can)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
For the slaw:
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman® Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar and sesame oil in a medium bowl and whisk until all the sugar is dissolved. Divide the marinade in half and place the chicken in one half and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the slaw by combining the cabbage, carrots, pineapple, cilantro, mayonnaise, sriracha, and lime juice together and tossing until evenly coated.
- Next, take the remaining half of the marinade and place it in a sauce pan over medium high heat until it comes to a simmer, continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until it is reduced by about half and thickened, then remove from the heat.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and grill over medium heat for 4-6 minutes per side. Once done, let rest for 5 minutes, then chop into small bite-sized pieces. Toss the chopped chicken with the thickened marinade.
- Assemble tacos by warming the tortillas in a hot skillet then filling it with a generous scoop of chicken, a spoonful of pineapple slaw and garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro.