- 2 lbs ground beef lean
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 4.5 oz diced green chiles (1 small can)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2.5 oz sliced black olives drained, (1 small can)
- 3 Green onions diced
- Brown the ground beef and diced onion over medium heat until the beef and no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Drain any excess grease or moisture.
- Place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat. Add the garlic powder, salt, enchilada sauce, green chiles, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Bring sauce to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in half the cheese to the meat mixture, then sprinkle the other half on top. Place the lid on the pan for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and top with black olives and green onions if desired.