- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups quick cooking rice
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz chopped green chilis (2 cans)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix chicken broth, rice, cream cheese, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper together until combined. Then spread the mixture in a large casserole dish.
- Lay the chicken breasts evenly spaced on top of the rice mixture and gently press them into the mixture. Cover the top of the casserole with cheese.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temperature.)
- Serve hot, either with full chicken breasts, or shred chicken and mix into rice. Enjoy!