- 1 lb Italian sausage ground
- 1 sweet yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup carrots finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 cups baby spinach fresh
- 1 jar marinara sauce (23 oz)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cheese tortellini frozen
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large skillet, brown the Italian sausage over medium heat, stirring and breaking up as you cook.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and cook the onions and carrots in the grease from the sausage until the onions are translucent and the carrots are soft. Stir in the pressed garlic.
- Add the marinara sauce, broth, Italian sausage, and salt and stir to combine.
- Stir in the tortellini and continue to cook over medium heat. Once the sauce starts to bubble, reduce the heat to low, place the lid on the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove the lid, turn the heat back to medium and stir in the spinach. Continue to cook for 3-5 more minutes until the spinach has wilted, the tortellini is soft and the sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and top with parmesan cheese. Serve hot. Enjoy!